Time to get it right

Post all UT Building, Coding, Modding, Tutorials and Non-Mapping content here!
*POTS*

Re: Time to get it right

Post by *POTS* » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:44 pm

I'm pretty busy till next Tuesday, anyway feel free to post the map, I'll give it a try as soon as I can. :)
Plain Old Telephone Service

Scify

Post by Scify » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:50 pm

WOW Gopo
That is great :shock:
Most next week I'm free and follew week too.
" If I had a brain, I'd be dangerous!"

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:44 am

I sent POTS and Scify the links to the map. You guys are welcome to test out and let me know what needs fixed. Some things I know and are on my list:

-There are 2 extra "Hellfire" warp points. They are for expansion if I needed them. Ignore.
-The nali bartender still isn't fully coded. I'll stop the warping away he does.
-Center water zone is bad. I'm getting to that.
-Mutate warps aren't set yet. Code is done, I just need to harvest correct locations. Use ghost.

Aside from that the teleports should all be linked and all doors, factories, etc should be ok. If you see any bsp errors at all, let me know.

Thanks!

-HellFire-
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by -HellFire- » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:44 pm

Nice that you still want to get it done gopostal.
We all really appericate all the work you've done on the map.
I can't wait to see it finished and if you need help just ask.

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:13 pm

PM'ed you the links Hellfy. I kinda miswrote that previous post. I meant it as "share among yourselves as you want".

Blood Asp

Post by Blood Asp » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:29 pm

hey postal if u want i could test the map also for ya, if u would like a few comments from my viewpoints :P

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:25 pm

gopostal wrote:PM'ed you the links Hellfy. I kinda miswrote that previous post. I meant it as "share among yourselves as you want".
I've forwarded the original PM + download links to some of the guys who are still active and could be interested in checking this out, hope it helps.

Blood Asp

Post by Blood Asp » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:01 pm

i couldnt figure out how to get into the village, i pressed the square and nothing happens except a green translucent square pops out... hmmm help? or is this a bug?

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:21 pm

Someone inside the village should open the door from the outside or you have to use the "mutate password" thing but gopo said it's not implemented yet, so the only way to access the village is by using the "ghost" cheat I guess.

Ok after a quick test I can say:

1 - The picture of myself in my bathroom has vanished
2 - What's happened to the crucified Nalis? Only one of them has left
3 - The "death messages" for the monsters are not showing up
4 - Some of the sound effects (shooting weapons, jumping, monster screams, etc) are suddenly not working
5 - The monsters are not attacking you at all (green slimey zombies included); the mantas in the disco and the bloody zombies seems to be working fine AFAIK.
6 - Found some cracks on the top of Biomech's pyramid (see picture #1)
7 - Found some more cracks on the ceiling of Scify's house (see picture #2)

P.S. Good that you've changed the Barbie Girl remixed song with a new one for the disco. :wink:
P.P.S. This map is cursed, trust me... :roll:

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:53 pm

Yeah when the coding is done, it will all work and you'll understand the point behind it all.

1. There are probably some things stuck inside walls, not moved correctly, etc. As you see them point them out and I'll find and reinstall them. I mass moved a lot of things so there are bound to be some issues.

2. I left those off actually. In the map they can be killed, so I fixed the one on the teleport sign. If you want Supreme I can fix the ones on your crosses like that. If not, I'll just copy the existing one over.

3. I'm not sure what you mean here. Please tell me more.

4. When the sounds dropped, was it after you picked up the sniper rifle from the shooting gallery? I'm noticing that myself, so I'll probably have to recode the sniper in there to something else entirely.

5. Can someone else confirm this? They seem fine to me. In fact the queens and behemoths wear me out in the city as soon as they see me.

6. With full apologies to Bio, there is very little I can do with the top of his pyramid. I tried hiding it under a sheet but it looks all wrong. Some minor graphic stuff is gonna happen, and for that I do apologize. If I ever do this again I will model the house in maya so I can control the poly count. At least there is no bsp damage.

7. Sci, I'll fix your house on a rebuild. There is nothing wrong with it, I just have to watch "where" in the world I place it. Moving it a little should clear those glitches, same with the center water pool.

The disco I will be working more in. I don't think the whole manta thing works and I'll probably dump it in favor of extending the nali bartender's role.

Thanks for the quick look-see. I'll work more tonight and if I make enough progress I'll post an updated linky.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:06 pm

gopostal wrote: 3. I'm not sure what you mean here. Please tell me more.
I was shooting gasbags and those monsters in the shooting gallery, then all of a sudden those messages like "*POTS* has killed a Gasbag" stopped being broadcasted.
gopostal wrote:4. When the sounds dropped, was it after you picked up the sniper rifle from the shooting gallery? I'm noticing that myself, so I'll probably have to recode the sniper in there to something else entirely.
I think that rifle could be also related to the "no death messages" issue. Tomorrow I'm gonna check this out.
gopostal wrote:Thanks for the quick look-see. I'll work more tonight and if I make enough progress I'll post an updated linky.
You're welcome.
Good job also with the new skybox and those surrounding trees in the village, they look way better compared to the old black sky and the brown "flat" hills.

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:34 pm

Im not done with that either. I might redo the whole skybox, I'm not sure. I'll look into the weapons problem myself too.

Edit: ok scratch the skybox redo. It completely messes you up when you try to fly. You can't find the edge of the map and I kept slamming into the walls :evil:

I recoded the sniper and fixed all the messed up sound loss and messages and cleaned up your list. Updated map is now available. Redownload "MHMVillagePackage.zip" also and overwrite it as I have added to it. The new map is at the same link but with "{beta8t}.zip" on the end.

In the next set of fixes I'll just post the link directly here. It will be close enough then I think.

Scify

Post by Scify » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:12 am

finaly got download.
I didn't that that file get village so I had go ghost.
Here is roof my house. I know you ready know this
but there are like snow and side roof line Not just on mine.
It be to many picture I show you all them.Unless you see they all
Pots House 1 place under roof line somewhere ( think in front)
Reyil house have 2 place one back and one front house
Ice house have 2 place one back and one front house
Hellfire house one place in front

Reyil House has hole near Chimmey
[url=http://img191.imageshack.us/i/shot0022.png/]Image

Boat has fragment water texturt on both sides of boat in back
Image[
" If I had a brain, I'd be dangerous!"

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:51 am

There must be some issue with the roof on those cottages. It's almost impossible to completely remove every error. Once the map is done I will make that the last step. I'll move and rebuild until the errors are gone.

About the boat...It has flat textures attached to it slightly below the water line. These are to add a "wake" texture if the boat it moving. It looks good done right but I didn't make the boat moving so they aren't used but still have collision. I knew it was there when I borrowed it, but I had planned on using the feature.

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:54 pm

OK, there are a couple of changes. First the download, and you can read while it's coming down:
http://gopostals.com/mhmvillage/mhmvillage.zip

Map goes in Maps folder, MHMVillagePackage goes into System folder. No other packages from the old map are needed now.

The expansion hellfire teleports are still there, but I will remove them next go round. I also removed the locks from the doors to get into the individual houses but you still must know the password to get into the village. I'll change this for the final version but for now use that at any time and in any place in the map to return to the village entrance.
There are various small things done from the original version, and this is very close to where I am going to leave it at. If you see anything wrong, please let me know so I can finalize it and submit it to Herm.
About the warp list...There was no way to code this so it would work from a saved password list and not force Herm to add a new server package and mod line so I embedded it into the map. A good mapper will be able to find the password so it's up to you guys as to how well you want me to hide it or make it very hard to crack.
Last edited by gopostal on Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.