A UT2004 Redeemer Server? DM

Post all UT Building, Coding, Modding, Tutorials and Non-Mapping content here!

UT2004 Style Deemer Server?

Classic Style Infinite Redeemer
No votes
RPG Style based around Redeemer
No votes
Enhanced Redeemer Arena
No votes
All these style's
100%

Total votes: 3

Blood Asp
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: A UT2004 Redeemer Server? DM

Post by Blood Asp » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:27 pm

As i said i am gonna custom nerf the RPG System, im gonna try to make it so that high levels can resist 1 Deemer explosion *unless its a direct hit* which would normally kill them, other than that i think i will set weapon speed max at 50% extra fire speed which really isnt much of a difference to be honest, i will maybe give a little health bonus but as i said, i need players to come test it out first, I have RPG Style with experimental raptor monsters on wave 1 2 3 4 and 5 to level up your characters if necessary, *since DM Gives low experience*

If the RPG System doesnt work out then i will either remove it completely or make no stat edits available, only skills, and again if that doesnt work it'll be totally removed and we will have classic deemer arena only, atm you have choice of classic RDM and RPG RDM, as well as RPG Invasion.

So have a go, check for problems, report them to me and i'll take a look at them.

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:12 pm

Why isn't anybody else Voting??? :shock: Come on folks! :wink:

And Yes - Just DO it! - Set up that Server!
You can always change things if something doesn't go well. :mrgreen:
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

Blood Asp

Post by Blood Asp » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:12 am

As i said matey the servers up for testing!! I Need people to play it and check for bugs before i start making changes!
IP
94.194.93.74:7777
Password
testfacility*All in this case*

**Things to test for**
  • Slow Downloading Files
    Anything buggy/glitchy
    etc
This could create a new edge in the Hermskii community, since now we've got ut99+2004 I Might even work on setting up a UT2004 Monster Hunt server to test, UT99 is good but what if you just feel like having a small change in style :P

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:50 pm

If someone new to the server fires a redeemer at a veteran and sees him survive it, and then gets killed instantly by the return shot, he's not going to be pleased. :|

Random accusations of cheating are already commonplace in the online world, if some players can clearly take more damage than others it's likely to drive off new people...And Redeemer isn't too popular to begin with.

But hey, all my posts should be taken with a bit of sunshine because I'm a very depressing person to know

Blood Asp

Post by Blood Asp » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:20 pm

well as i said im gonna monitor progression on the RPG, if its driving people off i'll make it go boom :)

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:28 pm

Hook wrote:Why isn't anybody else Voting??? :shock: Come on folks! :wink:
1 - Can't install UT2k4 on my craptop
2 - One thing I really don't like of UT2k4 is the size of players and bots (they're so damn small compared to the UT99 ones), the other one is the new Rocket Launcher, the third one is the Adrenaline pick-ups and those stupid combo movements you have to perform.
Plain Old Telephone Service

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:19 pm

I've made an rpg (gopoRPG) for 2004, and I wouldn't mix it with deemer only. RPG makes servers too easily owned by older players and unless there is a good mixture of levels on each team, its a bloodbath.

Blood Asp

Post by Blood Asp » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:02 pm

well, as i said to people like MEAT, if u havent played the RPG before just skip the map onto a CRDM map and play without rpg, i'm still working on rpg systems so i might for the time being totally take out the RPG System and leave just CRDM in it.

But i need testing people :P server has been up day and night and no connection :P

Remember the password is

testfacility

and the IP Can be found in previous post.

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:50 am

*POTS* wrote:the third one is the Adrenaline pick-ups and those stupid combo movements you have to perform.
Booster and Speed only need 1 type of arrow key each, and the other two just need a pair. If you're stuck trying to activate combos, then try waiting until you're out of combat. To this day, I can rarely activate berserk in battle without getting hit by something.

Prowner

Post by Prowner » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:38 am

I'm not voting because you don't have the choice I want, and that's I don't give a crap... I don't play on redeemer servers, so you do whatever, but if you couldn't decide, try out the format and switch it back if you dislike it.
I will either save you or kill you, convince me otherwise.

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:25 am

I don't play UT2k4 either but I can still vote and add my opinion to help a fellow HOH member! :roll:
I would only Expect that in return also. :wink:
Sheeeesh!
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

Blood Asp

Post by Blood Asp » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:34 am

You could always go out to buy ut2004 :P or maybe ask around if a friend has a copy :P hehe then u could feel the joy of Pro Visual Death :lol:

Blood Asp

Post by Blood Asp » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:17 am

Alrite i have been getting this error alot and no matter what i try it does the same Effing thing... Here is the error:

Error: CommonLootList::ImportText: Illegal or missing key name in: (Class'expshards.Pickup_ExpShard')
Error: UncommonLootList::ImportText: Illegal or missing key name in: (Class'expshards.Pickup_ExpShardMulti')
Error: RareLootList::ImportText: Illegal or missing key name in: (Class'expshards.Pickup_ExpShardWildcard')

Here is the .ini:
CommonLootList=(Class'expshards.Pickup_ExpShard')
UncommonLootList=(Class'expshards.Pickup_ExpShardMulti')
RareLootList=(Class'expshards.Pickup_ExpShardWildcard')

DropChance=10
RareProb=5
UncommonProb=7

Here is the top of the code with ini variables:
class Mutator_MonsterLootRules extends GameRules
config(UT2004MonsterLoot);

struct LootList
{
var string DropPickupClass;
var bool bWeaponDrop;
};

var config Array<LootList> CommonLootList;
var config Array<LootList> UncommonLootList;
var config Array<LootList> RareLootList;

var config Array<LootList> HalloweenCommonLootList;
var config Array<LootList> HalloweenUncommonLootList;
var config Array<LootList> HalloweenRareLootList;

var config Array<LootList> ChristmasCommonLootList;
var config Array<LootList> ChristmasUncommonLootList;
var config Array<LootList> ChristmasRareLootList;

var config int ExtensionFactor;

var config float DropChance;
var float RareProb,UncommonProb;

var bool bHoliday, bHalloween, bChristmas;
var float HolidayDropRate;
var int CurrentMonth, CurrentDay;

//var int HolidayIndexStart, HolidayIndexEnd;
var config Array<LootList> HolidayLootList;

any clues?

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:36 pm

There's already a fairly, to really good RPG game out there based on the Unreal Engine. You used to play it, remember? ;)

To be honest I don't think adding RPG elements to redeemer arena is going to work either, for the same reasons outlined in this thread already.

I am kind of wondering what kind of redeemer arena mod you are using for 2k4?

We had a version made by BIGI, who was a member of this community back when 2k4 first came out. He worked hard to get the redeemer to behave more like it does in UT99. I think it was a work in progress when interest in a 2k4 redeemer arena fizzled out from this community.
I think UT2k4 redeemer arena failed due to a few issues players had with the redeemer for 2k4, and the total lack of good maps to play in at the time, since the game was so new. Now there are lots of maps, but 2k4 languishes in the middle between the dedicated UT99'ers, and those who have moved on to the later incarnations of UT.
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:53 pm

Wow! That was cool! I never deleted posts without talking to the people who made them first but I saw this spin out right in front of me so I decided to try the cute little delete button I've never used a post at a time before. It worked great!

It was too easy too to nuke the stuff I didn't want to see here especially without doing all of the diplomatic crap first to try to tone down tone that several of us had to become witness too.

I'm not going to edit out good info when I have to do this going forward so don't waste time putting good info in with bad feelings cause I'll just nuke the whole thing each time. Try putting the good stuff in one reply and the crap in the other so I can just keep the good stuff. Thanks!

I'll use this admin tool far more often now that I see how easy it is to use. I don't care if people are mad at me so this will be no big deal at all for me. Peace all! Don't PM me about this either. PM each other and keep it of our forums. Thanks!
~Peace~

Hermskii