A new MH is coming

Post all UT Building, Coding, Modding, Tutorials and Non-Mapping content here!
*POTS*

Re: A new MH is coming

Post by *POTS* » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:50 pm

LOL @ the "hotchicks" pic :lol:
gopostal wrote:
*POTS* wrote: 2 - The server-side antiboost doesn't work properly, that is you can not boost yourself but you're still able to boost other team-mates (tested with bots, not sure about human players), plus the deemer shockwave can boost both yourself and the others;
2) Fixed. It's now rock solid even with a deemer. However to speed things up I did not include bots into this. So few people play with bots I think it's not an issue. Am I wrong?
Wise choice, bots have to be boost-able, you have no idea how many times they got stuck into a corridor or on a lift and they block you! :evil:
Plus are there any MH servers actually using bots? I don't think so.

gopostal wrote: One thing you might do is choose a few varied maps, spawn into them offline, note the total monsters, then write that down. Once you get a selection, go online to the test server and mapvote them and see if the totals are the same at spawn. If you see any variance, let me know the map involved. I think this is a collision thing specific to Arden, and the tentacles are not attaching right to the house, but it needs further review. I'm going to do this myself tonight too.
This has been the most boring thing to do so far, cause I experienced numerous package mismatches online, but well here are the results (on means online with the Mayhem mod enabled and off means offline with vanilla MH mod):

MH-Ages(v2) - On: 52 - Off: same
MH-AKEMI{fix} - On: 146 - Off: same
MH-Annihilation-V240 - On: 162 - Off: same
MH-AS-Coldsteel - On: 81 - Off: same
MH-BaseRiot-Fix - On: 202 - Off: same
MH-CregorV2 - On: 127 - Off: same
MH-Crystalreactor - On: 80 - Off: same
MH-Deep(v2) - On: 173 - Off: same
MH-Demons][ - On: 144 - Off: same
MH-Forbidden - On: 46 - Off: same
MH-GloryRoadHotel+ - On: 248 - Off: same
MH-HellfireV3 - On: 81 - Off: same
MH-LandsOfNapali - On: 165 - Off: same
MH-MayanFuryV2 - On: 80 - Off: same
MH-Miam - On: 160 - Off: same
MH-MiningOutpost4F - On: 52 - Off: 58
MH-Ruins-Bridge-V122 - On: 223 - Off: same

As you can see out of 17 maps only MiningOutpost gave me problems. Guess what? The author is Cardiologist, the same of MH-Arden. :roll: :spank:

This is a bit off-topic but MH-LostInTimeV3 crashed your test server and I had to download the Spinner.U package twice in a row (the first time it was a fast download, while the second one slowly). Some redirect issues I think.

BIOMECH wrote::shock:
They play a map which revolves around slaughtering friendly enemies and then complain about the mod?
Some mappers make crap/buggy/nonsensical maps and the coders have to fix them somehow. That's how the business works I bet. :?

P.S. I had another idea: do you know the LeagueAssault mod? Well it has a cool feature that allows you to broadcast emoticons via the UT chatbox, just like you would use voice taunts. Would be nice if it was possible to import that feature to MH. :mrgreen:
Plain Old Telephone Service

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:25 pm

I'll look into that emoticon thing. There are several ideas I've had along these lines.

OK, guys the server is now open for the weekend:
8.12.64.129:7777
This is not the final mod, just a weekend beta test for me to look at the logs after you play. Now I am asking you to try to break it. Please don't do anything stupid but feel free to try to glitch, cheat, break, work unfairly, whatever...just let me know if you find any issues. The server is running no mods, just the basic Mayhem as it will be released.

You have spawn protection (thats the effect you'll see at game start) as well as some other small changes. Mostly though, look for mistakes in the core MH game. Does a monster drop invisible weapons? Can't see the razorjack now? Scoring, antiboost, stuff like that incorrect? Let me know.

I think you'll see an overall "sharpening" of the MH mod that's best played to understand.

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:55 pm

Mod released:
MonsterHunt2

Have fun with it.

Sir Mandrake
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by Sir Mandrake » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:28 pm

You Rock GP! Im learning alot just watching you work. LOL
UNIMATRIX01 has been getting alot of overhaul getting things right. Ill be installing this tonight. :P
--- END OF LINE ---

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:59 pm

That's your server? lol I was just checking it out. Nice work!

Email me if you have any questions, or you want to do a custom compile.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:07 pm

Sorry for the bad news, but the following lines in the INI don't work for some reason:

Code: Select all

bUseMonsterHUD
bDropWeaponsOnDeath
They are always enabled no matter what and also the one concerning the Unreal Health items:

[MonsterHunt2v1.KHMUnrealHealth]
MaxHealth=500
doesn't work, I mean Unreal1 MedBoxes do not add extra health to you regardless of this setting (even if you set it to 1000 and your current health is 100)

Too bad I didn't notice this before. :(

Also I'm not sure about the "You got Extra Health! (No Weapon!? WTF?!) message, since it gives you a Redeemer, is that a joke on purpose? :wink:

Except for those minor bugs it's a great job!

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:24 pm

I don't know if that part of the code was from BIGIs Mod or not or if this mod is pure virgin work but BIGI's mod had the exact same issue. It would not give you health for the old looking health packs. I think they are brown little hex head boxes with a red cross on top or something like that.
~Peace~

Hermskii

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:27 pm

Yes Herm, that's exactly what happens, anyway I've tested also the client-side antiboost and it matches fine with the mod. :)

I also have one suggestion about the Enhanced Searchlight: what about making it automatically turned on as soon as you find and grab one; that would help newbies who are not aware of the mutate light/dark commands, otherwise it's gonna be the same problem of the antiboost I think. If it's not possible forget about that, I'm just trying to take into account every possible past, present and future issues.

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:30 pm

As always POTS you are the man, lol.

The HUD is locked. This is because Monsterhunt is no longer really "active" so-to-speak. If people really want to use the default HUD with this, I'll code a special class to allow it. I should have removed that line from the ini file, it is misleading and I'm sorry for that.

The pinata is a clean miss by me. I'll add the line to correctly enable/disable it if I version this forward. In a nutshell, I had to tear apart the mod code to account for fixing the skaarj and in putting it all back together I missed this switch. It's not a terrible miss but I will make it right. I've already gotten multiple downloads though so a quick fix is out of the question. Stupid bugs.....

The unreal health I meant to fix, and I'll get that also next version. I know why it doesn't work and I'll address it to keep the uniformity of the pickup system. I also fixed the searchlight to auto activate. The personal light is different completely.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:35 pm

So I think I heard that POTS said this does work well with HermMod. GOPO, should I look at this new MH mod from you as a replacement for MHMHOHMOD? Would there be a place in the ini file where I would put in the name of my server to show up in the top right of the screen? Does this replace the MH mod itself and then I put HOHMHMMOD on it then HermMod. So confused! LOL.
~Peace~

Hermskii

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:44 pm

Herm this is run totally different than a normal MH server. For instance the mapvote line is this:

CustomGameConfig[0]=(bEnabled=True,GameClass="MonsterHunt2v1.MonsterHunt",NewPrefix="MH",mutators="",Settings="")
You'll notice there is no monsterhunt.monsterhunt and no mutators need loading. It's all packaged together, the map stuff that needs monsterhunt will use the original MH and all the things I have changed will work from the new mod. Think of it as an all-in-one deal. The mod has become the gametype, for lack of a better way of explaining.

Yes, everything in HOHXXX is in here, as well as a bucketload more options and fixes. You are quite welcome to test it out, make a changelist, and I'll whip you a custom one up like before. HermMod will work fine with it, just turn the anitboost off.

Sir Mandrake

Post by Sir Mandrake » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:27 am

Im running this on my server now and have played while making adjustments. One thing ive noticed is that the double jump, at a setting of 2, seems too much and I would like to tone it down some. I tried changing jumpHeight=1.00 but the jump height its not enough... :?
If I use 1.25, 1.50, or 1.75 no changes are noticable untill I hit 2.00 which is back to the original too much. This parameter only use whole numbers or can it be changed to more finer adjustments? My reasoning is I want to give enough jump to the players to evade monsters but not so much as to advance in the maps easily.

Things are looking good! Great work on this new Mod!

Edit: :idea: Errr, maybe I should try 2 jumps instead of 3 perhaps.... hmmm.....
--- END OF LINE ---

Sir Mandrake

Post by Sir Mandrake » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:42 am

gopostal wrote:That's your server? lol I was just checking it out. Nice work!

Email me if you have any questions, or you want to do a custom compile.
Will do and thanks! 8)
--- END OF LINE ---

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:54 am

The best settings I've seen for this that aren't "over the top" are at Hitman's server:
212.181.158.33:8888

I asked him and he was gracious enough to share his settings:
DoubleJump=True
maxJumps=3
jumpType=2
jumpHeight=1.00

You should get in contact with him. He's a heck of an MH server admin. Knows a lot and will happily share.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:27 pm

Yes you're right gopo, the Searchlight has been fixed, I'm just too slow in finding bugs lol.

One more thing about the mod, if for some reason you do not want to use the random amp, deemer and health awards you can apply the following changes to your INI:

AmpSpawnTime=9999
DeemerSpawnTime=9999
HealthAwardTime=9999
Basically you set the spawn time to 9,999 seconds, which means more than 2 and a half hours (that time is good enough to be able to finish 99% of the MH maps)
You could test with 99,999 seconds to be extra sure though.

Just never mess with the following line:

bUseKHMTimer=True
as the health and ammo regen would stop working otherwise. Wow I start sounding like gopo... :lol: