A new MH is coming

Post all UT Building, Coding, Modding, Tutorials and Non-Mapping content here!
gopostal

Re: A new MH is coming

Post by gopostal » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:50 pm

You can actually use out to like 999999999 or something. If you go too far, it will simply limit itself out, no big deal.

I'm so proud of you POTS <sniff> you sound like you are coming right along...

Hermskii
Site Admin
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by Hermskii » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:24 pm

Indeed POTS. I have to say I have never seen so much come together in such a short time EVER in UT. All of you should give yourselves a big raise. Really BIG! Thanks for everything as usual!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Sir Mandrake

Post by Sir Mandrake » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:50 pm

Hi guys,

Been running the new mod for a few days now and ive run into a strange annomaly. Things will be running fine and a map change will take effect. Most of the time it will change maps and all will proceed. However a couple times now when the map comes up Monsterhunt2v1 will not be running... only the regular monsterhunt. Radar, anitboost, health and powerups will not be active. I have to restart the server to get it all back again. Has anyone else experienced this behavior?
--- END OF LINE ---

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:01 pm

Mandrake send me your server logs if you don't mind. I've a feeling it's mapvote being a pain. Do you run more than one gametype in your server?

Sir Mandrake

Post by Sir Mandrake » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:05 pm

I run mapvoteLA13 with only the MH game type. I will get that log to you for you to look at.
--- END OF LINE ---

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:22 pm

Let's go to a chat messenger. I have some things to ask and it would be much faster to go that route.

Add me to msn: agutgopostal(at)live(dot)com (and yes it is different than my email).

Sir Mandrake

Post by Sir Mandrake » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:58 am

Sorry GP, somthing came up at the last minute and I had to drop everything for a few hours. I had a chance to look at the logs and noticed some screwy things happening with the mutators. Turned out that any time I force a map switch using Nexgen111 controller it all goes haywire. If I switch maps using mapvote, it returns to normal. So its somthing within Nexgen and Im not sure where its getting the game mutator information
Here is what the log shows when it lswitches maps via Nexgen

Code: Select all

0.00	map	Name	mh-ATAA2+.unr
0.00	map	Title	Assault The Area - Area Two
0.00	map	Author	Boom-Boy (Altered by by Naked_monster)
0.00	map	IdealPlayerCount	
0.00	map	LevelEnterText	
0.00	game	GameMutator	Class Nexgen111.NexgenController
0.00	game	GameMutator	Class MonsterHunt.MonsterBase
0.00	game	GameMutator	Class DoubleJumpUT.DoubleJumpUT
0.00	game	GameMutator	Class MapVoteLA13.BDBMapVote
0.00	game	GameMutator	Class DoubleJumpUT.DoubleJumpUT
0.00	game	GameMutator	Class Botpack.InstaGibDM
0.00	game	GameName	Monster Hunt
0.00	game	GameClass	MonsterHunt.MonsterHunt
0.00	game	GameVersion	451
0.00	game	MinNetVersion	432
0.00	game	NoMonsters	False
I mean, why would I want to load Instagib for Monsterhunt? :?
--- END OF LINE ---

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:18 am

You have nexgen boot enabled. It's always better to force a mapchange via mapvote. Nexgen has to be set up just like mapvote is if you want to use that part of it. Personally I could never get it to work just right with multiple mutators.

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:15 am

I have never been a fan of Nexgen either - but then I have only messed with Nexgen a few times when it gave problems to a friends server.
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

Sir Mandrake

Post by Sir Mandrake » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:58 am

Nexgen provides alot of functionality within the game for the administrator, a majority mostly for Team type games and tournament management which we all know dont apply to Monsterhunt. PLus the fact you can set up friends that are trusted to help boot offenders and such. However, the one main reason I used nexgen on my server was because of the HUD it has. In the top part your chat can be read without it being wiped out in a second because Joe Schmo over there just blew up 50K pupae with a redeemer. I would happliy drop the extra fluff of nexgen if there was a chat HUD like this in a future version of gopo's monsterhunt mod. :P <hint hint> :wink:
--- END OF LINE ---

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:01 am

Nexgen functions very well with MH2, just don't use "addbots" or "mapchange". I strictly use it as an admin control function. Really it just does too much so some things you skip.

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:48 am

With MapVoteLA13 you can adjust how long a message stays on screen also and you are probably already using that. :wink:
And, with Advanced Web Admin (a very small addition mod), you can have up to 50 admins to help you and all AWA does is extend this in your regular Remote Web Admin that comes with UT so it uses very little resources.
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

-HellFire-

Post by -HellFire- » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:46 pm

I've tested the new MH2 also since today on KB's server.
I really like it with the ''lantern'' and extra sounds but I have some ''suggestions/complaints''.

When you have ''Monsterkill'' in your screen the voice says ''Ludicrous Kill''.

For the headshot sound, only ''Headhunter'' should be on instead of berserk and other sounds (probably a setting in the ini. though).

But the rest is all adjustable I heard from KB so I can't really complain about that.
Anyways, good work!

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:14 pm

You should post that to his forum. Some of that is the way he wanted it done. The monsterkill/ludicrous thing is a true mistake on his mod. He wanted a different arrangement and I missed that one being changed right.

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:53 am

Sir Mandrake wrote:However, the one main reason I used nexgen on my server was because of the HUD it has. In the top part your chat can be read without it being wiped out in a second because Joe Schmo over there just blew up 50K pupae with a redeemer.
Hook wrote:With MapVoteLA13 you can adjust how long a message stays on screen also and you are probably already using that. :wink:
But his complaint was them being overwritten by kill messages, not running out of time :wink:

I have to say, all these modifications sound great! It's something of a testament to gopo that MH itself is being remade. Combined with Hermskii being in the adding mood it feels good to be alive. I'm also high on cola right now so that might have an effect too...
Yay everyone :D