A new MH is coming

Post all UT Building, Coding, Modding, Tutorials and Non-Mapping content here!
*POTS*

Re: A new MH is coming

Post by *POTS* » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:15 pm

Hook wrote:
Hermskii wrote:Tell me too. I want to know know about this secret reason. I love secrets!
Me too! :P
"Gossip girl" syndrome FTW :lol:

Sir Mandrake wrote:Its a black/yellow flashlight but never activates on me when i pick it up.
Do you have Dynamic Lighting enabled? Take a look at my FAQ for a way to fix that:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1356&start=15
Plain Old Telephone Service

Hermskii
Site Admin
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by Hermskii » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:57 pm

Yes, Hermskii is a gossip girl. I love knowing secrets and am great at keeping them for people. I hiope to have time to read the dynamic lighting thing soon. I think I always turn mine off cause if I recall it removes much fog doing so or something like that.
~Peace~

Hermskii

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:57 pm

Hermskii wrote:Yes, Hermskii is a gossip girl.
Everybody's a gossip girl :lol:
Hermskii wrote: I hiope to have time to read the dynamic lighting thing soon. I think I always turn mine off cause if I recall it removes much fog doing so or something like that.
OMG don't do it Herm! If you want to disable the fog you just need to set the VolumetricLighting to False somewhere in your UnrealTournament.ini (it's located either under the [OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice] section or the [D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice] one according to the driver you're using). Best if you type "preferences" in your system console and browse those menus till you find it. You can even disable Coronas but do NOT disable Dynamic Lighting please. :roll:

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:04 pm

Yeah, That was actually what I was talking about. Dynamic lighting is on, Volumetric lighting is off. That is the way I have it in my manual too. Sorry for the confusion. Sheeeesh I'm getting old.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Sir Mandrake

Post by Sir Mandrake » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:39 am

Thanks Pots, I double checked that and all bells and whistles are on. However, I will post what I found out last night....

I jumped onto my server last night to try and tackle this problem and Mr Skaarj Lord himself EA_Elemental jumps on.

Sir Mandrake: "Hey Elemental, are the flashlights working for you?"
Elemental rounds the corner and shines a WORKING Enhanced Flashlight in my face, "Yep!"
Sir Mandrake: "WTF??!"
Elemental: "You gotta hit ENTER dude!"
Sir Mandrake: "D'oh!!"
Both Monster Hunters stand there for a moment as Sir Mandrake FacePalms himself.

So yeah, it all works as intended. Im so used to picking up lights on other servers and they automatically turn on. I havent looked yet but is there a setting to switch on the light when its picked up?

Thanks to EA_Elemental for the heads up on that.. 8)

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:49 am

That's what I'm telling you, I inserted code to autoactivate ANY pickups like flashlight, naliseeds, etc. The fact it isn't working for you tells me there is something preventing it.

Let's get together this week and fix this. Email me if you'd like the problem fixed, grant me temp server access and I'll find what is causing it. The log you sent was the wrong one, I need to see the UCC log, but it would be best if I could grab that live too.

Blood Asp

Post by Blood Asp » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:17 pm

I Dont know if this is a problem with server or the new MH, It didnt happen on MH before but it seems to now as i was just playing... INFO:

Playing server UNIMATRIX01 - Sir Mandrakes server, in map- MH-LostSouls, i was getting random "Holy "Expletive Deleted"" Kill streaks. I am not sure if it was something to do with that maps "1337 Mercenary" Monster Bot and multiple different customisations. however i thought it would be best to say this. You may want to check this map a few times over MH2, because it doesnt seem to happen in MH1.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:35 pm

gopostal wrote:That's what I'm telling you, I inserted code to autoactivate ANY pickups like flashlight, naliseeds, etc. The fact it isn't working for you tells me there is something preventing it.
Sir Mandrake don't tell me you are using the "Disable Auto-Activate" mutator?! May you post a copy of your MapVoteLA.ini?

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:39 pm

Problem sorted. All is good.

He's running a darn good server guys, you should check it out. BTW, we finished LostSouls without cheating. The merc unlocked the door and we protected all the way to the end. I didn't think that map would work right online but it does under MH2.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:41 pm

gopostal wrote:Problem sorted. All is good.
What was the problem BTW?

Sir Mandrake

Post by Sir Mandrake » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:52 pm

Not real sure what solved it to be exact. The auto light is working now like its supposed to. ..not running a Disable auto activate mod either btw. Earlier I did some maintenance, backed up the server and did a soft restart. Every map I played tonight had working lights.....things ran really good, i was pleased 8)
--- END OF LINE ---

Sir Mandrake

Post by Sir Mandrake » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:33 am

*POTS* wrote:
gopostal wrote:That's what I'm telling you, I inserted code to autoactivate ANY pickups like flashlight, naliseeds, etc. The fact it isn't working for you tells me there is something preventing it.
Sir Mandrake don't tell me you are using the "Disable Auto-Activate" mutator?! May you post a copy of your MapVoteLA.ini?
Here ya go pots, I meant to do this last night but it was late and forgot. I know things seem to be running but a chance to have you experts look over my settings to help tweak things is a definate plus. So have a look at my Mapvote settings. I welcome any suggestions. I have one question about it that maybe you or someone can answer, how do I implement the LogoTexture= feature? What needs to be done to make that part work. .ini file attached below.

Also, to Elemental... is that your map??? No wonder you couldnt find it if it is..
CrashedMaps[0]=MH-Asmodeus_Aions <<<------ :(
CrashedMaps[1]=MH-nekonekoHouse
CrashedMaps[2]=MH-Baikal_V2
CrashedMaps[3]=MH-SDM-FatherDougal
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Blood Asp

Post by Blood Asp » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:37 am

Sir Mandrake wrote:Also, to Elemental... is that your map??? No wonder you couldnt find it if it is..
CrashedMaps[0]=MH-Asmodeus_Aions <<<------ :(
Yup thats 1 of mine, r u missing a package from it or something?

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:08 am

dump Father Dougal....trust me

Sir Mandrake

Post by Sir Mandrake » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:39 am

Yeah I'll reload Aions and watch the log as it loads, Im sure its a missing file. I usually run the crashed maps once more in this fashion to see if they can be fixed, otherwise....DELETE.....

Father Dougal was a real mess one night. I watched the log as I tried to play it and the emmense amount of errors it produced was amazing.... I actually killed it and deleted it. The mapvote didnt yet reflect the fact the map was missing and I tried to load it to see what mapvote would do. It picked a nice map instead.. Antfarm LOL!