Remove from favorites?

Post all UT Building, Coding, Modding, Tutorials and Non-Mapping content here!
Hermskii
Site Admin
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Remove from favorites?

Post by Hermskii » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:49 pm

I don't now what is going on but I'm finding after letting my son play UT my favorites all loaded up with a crap load of other servers. I normally only list my servers in my favorites and those are the only ones that list in my UT check or should. After my boy plays a few hours and I come back to check the player levels on my servers I find 12 4 - 12 more in my list all of the sudden. Then I have to go back and remove them. This happens nearly daily and I'm getting mad.

Here is what I'm ready to find out: Is there a way that just connecting to certain servers is having them added to my favorites because my kid is only 5 and I don't think he knows how to do it himself.

If I find out that these servers are pushing themselves into my favorites, I will block them out and never assist one of their admins again!
~Peace~

Hermskii

EvilGrins

Re: Remove from favorites?

Post by EvilGrins » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:41 am

I have a theory.

I suspect, and this is purely hypothetical mind you, that your son is favoriting various IP addresses.

Helen

Post by Helen » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:00 am

I have a hunch maybe. Tell me, did you create TWO instances of UTServerMonitor on your PC? One for yourself, and one for your son? Also tell me, do you have TWO installs of UT on the the PC, one for yourself, and one for your son?
one of the Scriveners. You can visit us at www.birdieman.com/forum

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:32 pm

SShhht, Silence a bit pls, I want to tell a trick to Mr. Hermskii. :)

Sir, you can use a separate BAT file for launch the game the bat file will copy your INI-s to game, altering any modification. At exit, you can save them again to take effect any of your modification.

That Bat file won't be visible. The normal link to UT will be. Put a keyboard shortcut to open your customized UT, here it is, normal like should be.

Usually this is happening when are more than one user at the same computer. Need some tweaks.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:30 pm

This is another old post Evil Grins dug up. The answer was KillerBee's servers. He had a thing set on his servers which would add all of his servers and a few others to your favorites each time you connected to play there. My son was not adding them.

I started another thread here about it and gained plenty of support. I then approached KillerBee and asked him to stop it or I'd block his servers. Many other jumped his case about this too. He stopped it and we all lived happily ever after!

Thanks for all of the jumping in with ideas and suggestions. This reminds me a lot of how it used to be here with everyone always trying to help! Awesome! Thanks again.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Helen

Post by Helen » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:56 pm

Note to self, anything posted by EvilGrins, check the posting date.
one of the Scriveners. You can visit us at www.birdieman.com/forum