monster health

Post all UT Building, Coding, Modding, Tutorials and Non-Mapping content here!
gopostal

monster health

Post by gopostal » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:52 pm

Guys wormbo informed me of a much better way to do monster health than I have been using. You know how the health hud would "slide" away when looking way up or down at a monster? Often times you saw health and no monster. Well he showed me how to fix it and I am about this far:

Zipped Movie

I know the movie quality is suck but you get the idea of what the improvement is. It's so much easier tracking the monsters now because the health amount stays put.

So this got me thinking: are there other things that could be hud-added? I have the option for the monster ends to be visible, but are there other things in maps it would be nice to see information about? I can add it as an option, and maybe as a per-player option.

Lastly Pots has asked for a couple of minor fixes on the mh2 mod. Are there any other requests?

Hermskii
Site Admin
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: monster health

Post by Hermskii » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:05 pm

I have a request. I request that you just keep dropping in like this for at least 2-3 more months because around then I should settle back down in the new house WHICH I"M STILL NOT IN YET and will begin playing with these newer mods and yes, I will have requests! Thanks!
~Peace~

Hermskii

gopostal

Re: monster health

Post by gopostal » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:36 am

I got this added into MH2 on my private server. It looks good, though I might change the color slightly. Visually it is much more pleasant to not have the hud pop-ups sliding all over the place. I wish I had done this in the beginning.