3 Weapons Made (NW3) - Still a lot to go...

Post all UT Building, Coding, Modding, Tutorials and Non-Mapping content here!
Feralidragon

3 Weapons Made (NW3) - Still a lot to go...

Post by Feralidragon » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:37 am

Well, basically I am now on NW3, and so far I almost finished the entire system core of NW3, and I fully finished 3 weapons:
- MultiMissile Launcher
- Bolt Rifle
- Super Bolt Rifle

The Bolt Rifle was particularlly difficult to do, since I wanted the true notion of bolts and lightnings, and making those effects were really difficult so they could look believable enough to called lightnings and bolts.

Also, I worked my ass off to reduce the filesizes the best I could without loosing the quality, and so far this is what I got regarding sizes:
- Nali Weapons Core file: 8.92Mb - it will rise a bit further, perhaps to 10Mb, since it's not finished yet
- Nali Weapons Modifiers for MH: 2.40Mb
- MultiMissile Launcher: 8.53Mb
- Bolt Rifle: 3.61Mb
- Super Bolt Rifle: 2.67Mb

Basically people won't see a 80Mb anymore, but they might notice the 8Mb ones, while the others will give the illusion of the pack being smaller than what it really is due to their low filesize and download speed.

But this the situation so far.

I will show 4 shots, or 4 sneak peaks, and on the first time in my own mod making life, screenshots will never show the true "visuals" of the weapons or their effects, for the simple reason that everything on those weapons are somewhat animated or dynamic, and a screenshot captures only a stopped image that only gives an idea on what's like to hold a weapon or see it in action. :\

Here's some screenshots:

MultiMissile Launcher: H-Missile On, status indicative lights, static effect display, aiming laser, etc.

Bolt Rifle + Combo: Glows and intermittent lights, glows in the dark and everything. Combo is an EMP shockwave. Headshots make the ripped head to burn for a few seconds.

Super Bolt Rifle: Same story as Bolt Rifle, but it's instant kill like the Instagib, and the dead parts burn (current situation: killed a few bots with it).

Bolt Rifle + Fast Modifier: The red overlayer is animated (looking stopped due to the screenshot nature) and the X icon is actually a 3D rotating icon (that's why it looks more weird in the shot, but not in-game).

Btw, I didn't make this update on my blog, since I will just update it when I reach somewhat 5 or 6 weapons done.

Regards

P.S.: gopostal, if you're still around, just to say I could get that decal thing to work online as well. It works only client-side, and the client has to have decals enabled in order to see the effects. Basically there are certain weapons that will give you the illusion that you took a piece of them out with this feature lol

BIOMECH
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: 3 Weapons Made (NW3) - Still a lot to go...

Post by BIOMECH » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:47 am

Looking great :wink:

Sadly, I don't think gopostal is around any more. He's gone back to hating us after the private server incident, which is a bit of a pity since I had a "this could still work" speech prepared. I should have posted it while the argument was on, 'cos I don't think he's coming back now.

Missed opportunity :)
Back on topic, I look forward to seeing these in action.

MEAT

Post by MEAT » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:44 pm

BIOMECH wrote:Looking great :wink:

Sadly, I don't think gopostal is around any more. He's gone back to hating us after the private server incident,
Suggestion:
Learn from your mistakes and never trash a good thing.

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:48 am

We do learn from our mistakes, but it's a slow pace. How is a person supposed to learn Redeemer if they're banned for several months every time they lose a match? And the admin ignores their emails and suspends their forum account? In short, we're never going to get anywhere unless he stops ragequitting at least once. Maybe then we could come up with a solution.

YES I'm still sore about it.

And sorry for spoiling the thread with that, but it needed to be said. I've never taken a jab well.

Feralidragon

Post by Feralidragon » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:36 am

Sorry to hear that. :|

Well, if gopostal isn't around anymore, nothing to do about it. Sooner or later the game itself will join you all again, since it was what made you all know eachothers in the first place.

About the offtopic-ness, don't worry about it, the topic is not that interesting anyhow to be "discussed" anyway, it's mostly to show some progress regarding the new weapon pack in production, besides, it seems I posted this little update in the wrong time (summer and everyone seems to go wild these days rofl) :D

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:20 pm

Never fear Ferali. You don't make a public move that I don't follow with great interest. I've said it before and I stand by it that for overall coding ability, fun and production quality you are arguably the best UT has to offer.

I'm not active much any more with public play but I still push the envelope with the Club server by making new things. I've stopped posting in here (and really even visiting) because the positivity overall has taken a nosedive. Bio and I had a private exchange that should have stayed that way, yet he brought it out unnecessarily messing up your unrelated announcement in the process. This is the problem in a nutshell with this forum now.

Now, please excuse me Ferali. I have to answer some things.

Bio personally I'm sick of you telling me how it's my fault you can't control yourself. Here's you a little challenge:

Find me ONE admin of a established server group (more than one server, more than one gametype) that will objectively read the log I posted, your responses, and then post here that I am mistaken in refusing you access to my servers again. If you get ONE SINGLE OWNER to post here I was wrong, you get your root access restored and you can nuke the server all you want forever. Otherwise sit down, shut up and just admit you are wrong.

I'm so sick of you berating me. I've worked my tail off for you guys (ask Pots, you have no idea how much I was doing) yet you can do nothing but criticize. It's your fault MHM3 is empty and there are no tagged players on any more. You'd have had true stats on the server, two more mod updates, and a few new maps added directly. Instead you can play them on other servers.

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:01 pm

Okay, that was stupid of me. My fault entirely, and I'm sorry. Right now all I want to do is make amends, but sniping at you was an incredibly bad way to get your attention. I'll send you an email instead of messing this thread up some more. No it won't be aggressive or anything, I just want to apologize and admit I made a lot of mistakes.

Feralidragon, I apologize for this again, and Hermskii...Well, sometimes I just feel like an insult to the tag.

Gopo, I sent you an email. If you could read it, that would be my last request. There's nothing snide or suchlike in there.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:59 am

Wow.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:37 pm

One thing a gotta say here...

1) MHMIII Still has a Very good following, ranks high on Gametracker.com (higher than ever currently around the 150th mark) and is always busy! :wink:

2) And, IF a few people "here" aren't that positive anymore, that doesn't speak for the rest of us positive members! (MOST)
That happens on virtually every forum, but we try to overcome that and we DO overcome that.
If we all left forums because somebody wasn't very positive, there wouldn't be any forums left to visit! TRUE! :shock: :?
And that (leaving a forum) in itself isn't very positive.

Oh, yeah, I guess that was 2 things! :P

Glad that you all Made Up! :lol: :P
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:27 pm

Thanks Hook.

I recieved gopo's reply, and it's officially over between him and me. Well, I can't say I blame him. I deserved it :|

I wish the others were around about now, I suspect we need to do some work on our public image.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:56 pm

Our public image?
~Peace~

Hermskii

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:04 pm

Hermskii!?...Oh wow I really did screw up. I...I'm lost for words... :(

Okay, MY public image. I can't believe I've managed to come across so badly infront of you, gopo, and ferali.

I'm never going to recover from this am I? I have actually made the biggest mistake of my life. Seriously, I wish none of this had ever happened. If I could go back I would change everything, but I can't. All I can do is apolgise profusely, ask for forgiveness or at least tolerance, and try to be a good person. Maybe...Just maybe...I can rebuild my shattered image. I love UT and I hate being the person no-one likes.

Feralidragon

Post by Feralidragon » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:20 am

Damn, this went way too far...

Ok, listen, Biomech, personally I don't have anything against you or anyone else around here, and even if gopostal and other people have for any valid reasons, I don't have since I actually didn't see anything, and I really don't know exactly what happenned (besides that gopostal trusted you and then you screwed up, basically is that, right?).

FACT: "Trust" is like an egg, once broken you just can't make it all together. What can be done is instead of having 100% trust again (which will never happen in this life or the next one), a person can always recover 90% max, while the last 10% will be always the doubt margin about that confidence, that's inevitable.

So what about this? You people forget this for now, each one just keeps playing and do whatever you like under each communities rules in within all the respect for eachothers.
And perhaps within 2 or 4 months, this gets so faded away that perhaps that confidence and friendship can be somewhat recovered. Again, not entirelly (will never happen), but part of it, and I guess that's better than nothing.

I have seen this kind of situations too many times, not only in UT, but in real life. And moving on and let this fade away with the time is always the best, for everyone. The damage should fade away, if the intentions of both parties are the best possible.

So in resume: just let it go for now, and within some months perhaps everyone gets along again, although not the same good way.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:31 pm

I'm all good here people. I'm not mad at anyone and no forgiveness is needed. I just ask that even if you slip and even if it is often, that you come back and try again and try to do better. If BIOMECH is all serious about what he is saying then I'm all good with that. It seems to me that he is being genuine so I'm all for helping rebuild his image and anyone's who thinks they need to upgrade theirs. yes, for me, it is just that easy to think it and do it.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Fuzz_Ball

Post by Fuzz_Ball » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:46 pm

Those look like some cool gadgets, Ferali!
Where can we play those online?
The last time I tried to enter a site using Nali Weapons, it took an eternity to download.
I will try them locally, though.

And, Bio, no need to be so hard on yourself.
We all say and do dumb things from time to time whether it's a misunderstood post or giving everybody the "Keys to the Cadillac". :wink:
Before you hit the Submit button on a post or email, read it over. Re-read it and decide if this will be perceived in the best possible light. Sometimes, after seeing what you thought was your intended message, the best course of action is the Cancel button!
_ Image * * Image