Nali Weapons 3 - Preview 2 (includes Nuke)

Post all UT Building, Coding, Modding, Tutorials and Non-Mapping content here!
Feralidragon

Nali Weapons 3 - Preview 2 (includes Nuke)

Post by Feralidragon » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:52 pm

PREVIEW:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75H1kzKC7lY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEyl7xY-2HM

To compensate the lack of quality in the video, there's some screenshots:

Weapons
ImageImageImageImageImage

Modifiers
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

I can't show any nuke since I didn't got there yet, so for those who actually know the previous pack and its nukes, you can already imagine the quality difference from the old nukes to the ones which are yet to be produced. ;)

Core Features:

Implented and working, both offline and online:

* Dynamic Coronas and LensFlares (no color blending, as it's not rendered on Canvas)
* Carcasses and "chunks" FX (flames and other effects)
* BSP "chunks/debris" FX (client-side only, and only appears when Decals are enabled)
* "Shockwave" special FX: new "shake" system (more realistic than UT standard one), timed effects, shock aproximation based FX
* New water effects (including instant-hit support)
* Weapon overlayers, glows/lights and effects
* New respawn FX: the respawn color can be customized, by a specific color or team based (support in all standard team gametypes)
* Ammo animation on respawn
* New crosshairs (discrete ones this time, not those big ugly ones like in the previous pack)
* New decals
* Totally new firing/projectile effects
* Hand rendering on the weapon: optional (can be visible or not, your choice) and doesn't get affected by the weapon effects (like UDamage, Modifiers, etc)
* Dynamic color projectiles (projectiles which color fades to others with the time)

Yet to implement:

* Hand(s) on weapon rendering:
a) Skin rendering depending on model, skin and team of the player (human, skaarj, ..., red team, blue team...)
b) Hand customization support: associate custom hand skins to models (standard or custom)
c) Hand "fatness" update regarding the "Fat mutator" from UT

* Weapon/Ammo/Pickup Replacer (fully customizable, being able to choose which weapon replaces which)
* "Not enough ammo" message when can't fire weapon due to lack of ammo
* "Special Mesh System" (?): mesh based actors with the "disappearing" bug fixed (tested and working, but not sure if I will implement it in the core)

New Weapons:
This pack will feature 17 different weapons, and 6 "utilities" which will be located at the 1st weapon slot.

- Weapons:

* War Ready Enforcer (WRE): Remake (Done)
* Flame Tracker: Remake (Done)
* Bolt Rifle: Remake (Done)
* Super Bolt Rifle: Remake (Done)
* Graviton: Remake
* Freezer: Remake
* Vulcan: Remake
* The Miner: Remake
* MultiMissile Launcher: Remake (Done)
* InfraRed Precision Rifle (IRPR): Remake
* Cybot Launcher (Cybots): Remake
* MegaTon: Remake
* UltimaProtos: Remake
* Nuclear Launcher: Remake
* Nuclear Deployer: NEW
* Nuclear Remote Device: NEW
* Ionizer: NEW (return from Nali Weapons v1.4, only works if a satelite is on the air [see utilities below])

- Utilities:

* Spawner: NEW (spawns weapons, ammo, pickups, etc)
* MegaTon Decoder: Remake
* MegaTon Password: Remake
* Satelite Deployer: NEW (return from Nali Weapons v1.4, basically a satellite where an ion based attack can come and where you can see around like a camera)
* Cybot Controller - Order Giver: NEW (to be able to give orders to the cybots, like you do with bots)
* X-Binocules: NEW (to look at long distances and to retrieve info about a traced pawn: health, distance, name, team, etc)
* (Perhaps another utility? Like a jetpack or something lol, idk)

Differences relative to the old pack:

* View bob restored
* Higher quality (animations, effects, models, skins, etc...)
* Much lower pings (net code fully optimized)
* Full bot support (I really mean it, even if I have to "teach/force" bots how to deploy mines and nukes properlly)
* "Visual" lag: only in Max Detail Settings (Nali Weapons configuration file) and only having too many weapons/ammo in view

* Bigger filesize, but only regarding the ENTIRE PACK: in the previous pack, all the weapons and core were integrated into a single 80Mb pack, which was a huge mistake. This time Nali Weapons III will be divided like this:

a) Core file (about 15Mb on release, 11Mb currently)
b) One file per weapon/utility (between 2Mb and 9Mb, depending on the weapon features itself: more or less effects, projectiles, etc)
c) 3 configuration files: Nali Weapons III main ini, Weapons Configuration ini (specific weapon settings), Hands Customization ini
d) A Nuclear Pack (since the Nuclear Launchers, Deployers and Remote devices will use the same nuclear effects): perhaps around 10Mb

This brings several advantages:
- Just use the weapons you want in the server (clients won't download what you aren't using in the server, nor load them)
- New clients will see a "smaller" pack instead (with a good redirect, the clients will actually wait and won't notice the pack
size), and the ones reading this, in case they want to try it, might download it and install it first instead;
- Possibility to expand the pack without massive updates (either by me or anyone else), as well to fix specific bugs regarding specific weapon

Just one disadvantage though:
- If the core has some sort of terrible bug going on, or just an annoying one, I have 2 options:
a) Fix the core, don't rename it and release it as a patch - but people will get mismatches and that's bad
b) Fix the core, rename it and then I have to recompile every single weapon and pack associated so they can work with the new core, which means a massive version update (the whole pack release again), which is bad as well.

To avoid any of these 2 situations, I will try to get a private server with some beta-testers to fully test the pack before release, so terrible core problems don't happen afterwards (if I can get someone to host it by then, which shouldn't be a big problem I hope).

Btw, I will only bump this thread only in case of release or important development updates :lol:
Last edited by Feralidragon on Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: Nali Weapons 3 - Preview (Video and Screenshots)

Post by Hermskii » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:01 pm

Holy ****! Awesome!
~Peace~

Hermskii

BIOMECH
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No

Post by BIOMECH » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:06 am

...Seconded.

Feralidragon

Post by Feralidragon » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:13 pm

Thanks both. :D
Btw, Hermskii, not want to sound like a jackass, but you better not show these to your son just yet :P , for 2 reasons:
- It will take a while to finish (about 3 months);
- I got some disturbing comments in other websites (in a GOOD WaY), from even high quality coders/modders both from UT and even UT2k4/UT3, so just saying that kids generally won't shut up until they get something, specially since they are still in production.

Hermskii
Site Admin
extraextraantispam: Yes

Post by Hermskii » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:28 am

Hahahaha! My little guy loves the big-big bomb. I see him set it down and start it up often. I'll try to keep him away but all of your servers are in his favs already. Yes, he has his own PC. Kepp it up please! You are awesome.
~Peace~

Hermskii

BiGbOsS

Post by BiGbOsS » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:45 am

this was truly jaw dropping. Spectacular, its people like you who keep this game alive! Cant wait to get my hands on some of these weapons :twisted:
BoSs is in the HOUSE!

Feralidragon

Post by Feralidragon » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:12 pm

^ Thanks :)

Well, after 2 weeks of not even develop of a bit of this pack (work), and almost this entire week enhancing the core (AI, some new features, performance, etc) and playing UT (as I don't only mod, I actually play as well lol), only now I started the next weapon in the list.
Working now on the new Graviton. Here's what I have so far (only 3d view, not skins or any of the fancy effects the other weapons have to look much better (that's why it looks quite ugly now), did it in a few hours):

Those "paddles" will be animated accordingly.

Showing the WIP screenshot of the Graviton since it was one of the favorite weapons by the community regarding the previous pack. You can imagine it skinned and with some glows and such.
I hope you like the concept.

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:55 am

It looks a bit like a UT3 link gun, but it's probably just the paddles on the side.
this thing.jpeg
Nice looking piece of kit, anyway :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Feralidragon

Post by Feralidragon » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:12 pm

It wasn't supposed to look like the UT3 link gun though...

Here's the new Graviton from in-game already (skinned, with the effects and such):

Next update to this topic will be made only when the rest of the Graviton, new Freezer and new Vulcan get 100% done.

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:19 pm

:shock:

...Um...
Okay, wow :shock:

BiGbOsS

Post by BiGbOsS » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:08 pm

well this is sort of a late reply but i second bio's "wow" that looks great! Where do you come up with the ideas for the looks and such? Well for the brand new weapons i mean, the remakes you obviously new from before hand.
Any idea on the release date?
BoSs is in the HOUSE!

Feralidragon

Post by Feralidragon » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:34 am

I just have ideas based on what I miss or just always wanted to see implemented in UT or even other games.
Actually, I have a lot of new ideas for some weapons, utilities, mods, etc, but I just can only do a small amount of them at a time, basically making me a too ambitious man to what I can actually accomplish. Most ideas came several months ago, a few even 2 or 3 years ago, but only now I have the knowledge to actually try to accomplish them, that's all. :)

Regarding a release date, I am planning to make the release on December, as a Christmas gift of some sort (if you see it as a nice one, if not, the intention is what counts lol).

Some weapons are already 100% done:
- WRE, Flame Tracker, Bolt Rifle and its super version, Graviton and MultiMissile Launcher.

ZippityDooDa

Post by ZippityDooDa » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:52 am

Nicely Done, were those weapons created with 3dS max?
11100000.11111111.11111111.00000000 /24

BiGbOsS

Post by BiGbOsS » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:39 pm

definitely going to be a great Christmas gift thats for sure can't wait for the release (again late reply lol)
Looks like this christmas break ill be fragging on good old ut
Will you be posting a link here when its released? or should we check out a site?
BoSs is in the HOUSE!

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:30 pm

Ferali is the weapons master! 8)
Plain Old Telephone Service