Nali Weapons 3 - Preview 2 (includes Nuke)

Post all UT Building, Coding, Modding, Tutorials and Non-Mapping content here!
*POTS*

Re: Nali Weapons 3 - Preview 2 (includes Nuke)

Post by *POTS* » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:31 pm

Feralidragon wrote: - Widescreens: Actually I am indeed giving special care to diferent monitor resolutions. The new NW3 crosshairs aren't affected by screen format at all, and I tested and test every new weapon in the following types of screens: CRT 4:3, LCD/TFT: 16.10 and 16:9.
I even created a new property in my weapons which is called WideScreenOffset (basically the weapon rendering offset in widescreen, considering that you have FOV > 100), since some weapons like the IRPR, Megaton and a few others needed adjustments to not either look giant or to not occlude some important weapon parts.
So widescreen support is ensured.
That's cool, plus I didn't know you could use different FOV values than the stock 90 with widescreen monitors, need to check it out, thanks for the tip.

[Edit]
http://www.emsai.net/projects/widescreen/fovcalc/
Plain Old Telephone Service

EvilGrins
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by EvilGrins » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:44 pm

As powerful as it is....

...it's fascinating to me that the blastwave of the Ultima Protos will not kill the shooter if he's at least partially shielded by even a wall along a straight line path of where he shot.

Feralidragon

Post by Feralidragon » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:55 am

It's the way the engine and all the radius functions are built. The explosion comes from the center, and if "your center" is protected/hidden from the "explosion center", you won't get hit.
This is an old game, so such things had to be optimized this way (even in UT2k4 this is still done this way afaik, not sure though).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, some people wanted to see how it looks ingame with fx, so... although I won't show it "fully" with fx, here's *part* of the UltimaProtos firing sequence (by "part", I mean that sequence is still missing some ending fx, like lightnings coming out of it at a certain stage).
While "screens" aren't accurate to show, the weapon has some stuff rotating during the sequence at high speeds (like that rotor that becomes incandescent during the sequence).

[center]Image[/center]

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:25 am

Two words:

Wayyyyy coooooooool!
~Peace~

Hermskii

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:04 pm

just curious...

...what will the NW3 flamethrower be like compared to the NW2 one?

Hook
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:15 pm

I suspect that when NWIII is finalized, NWIII might just become a Standard UT99 Patch for all to apply.
Just an educated "guess" on my part.
:P
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

Feralidragon

Post by Feralidragon » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:22 pm

Thanks guys :)

@Evilgrins: What do you mean? Most of it I already showed it up in the first preview of this pack (NW3 Preview at youtube, FlameTracker at around 0:46).

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:38 pm

Feralidragon wrote:Thanks guys :)

@Evilgrins: What do you mean? Most of it I already showed it up in the first preview of this pack (NW3 Preview at youtube, FlameTracker at around 0:46).
Oh.

I may've missed that part.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:40 pm

NW2 crazy moment:

Was playing a map with DemmerFireworks, which is kind of a cluster redeemer deal, and Ultima Protos. I fired the Deemer and it was blowing the crap out of the monsters there, when a bot fired the Ultima right along the same path. The beam went straight in, got caught in the middle of a Deemer explosion, and richocheted upwards.

It was very cool but totally unexpected!

Did you know it could be reflected like that?

Feralidragon

Post by Feralidragon » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:11 pm

Yes, that's supposed to happen.

The redeemer regular shockwave (the same shockwave most redeemer mods use as base) does not only damages as it changes the velocity/speed direction of anything that is moving within its radius.

So, unless you have a projectile that is constantelly updating its speed towards a point (like seeking missiles or guided missiles for example), all the projectiles get deflected with the shockwave.

And... now a better resolution screen with the lightnings I told about, and you won't see any further updates for a while (until I finish this and the next weapon in my list):

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:32 pm

It's tearing up the wall?
Woah!

Feralidragon

Post by Feralidragon » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:12 am

I know that I said "last update until...", but after showing the sequence 2 times, I thought it would be better to show the actual projectile firing as well, and this is really the end of this updating spree, I promisse lol:

Basically, you better not stand in the way of this projectile, otherwise you will be killed before the actual blast, due to the pressure it makes while travelling (being a massive amount of energy condensed in such small form), having leaks of energy as well (the lightnings).

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:49 pm

Feralidragon wrote:I know that I said "last update until...", but after showing the sequence 2 times, I thought it would be better to show the actual projectile firing as well, and this is really the end of this updating spree, I promisse lol:

Basically, you better not stand in the way of this projectile, otherwise you will be killed before the actual blast, due to the pressure it makes while travelling (being a massive amount of energy condensed in such small form), having leaks of energy as well (the lightnings).
2 things:

1) Does it still kill the person that fired it?

2) If it does, does it not kill the person if he's at least partially shielded (by a wall or something) along the direct path of the blast?

Feralidragon

Post by Feralidragon » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:55 pm

@Evilgrins: Well, the projectile itself does not kill the player who fired it, but the blast does if you're not well protected (behind a wall or something). As for the other players (enemies), the projectile kills everything in range (or at least heavilly damages) along the path.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE

Well, guys, I wanted to show you the Ionizer at its fullest, however given the circumstances I can only show WIP stuff so far, and I decided to only show the whole thing at release. The Ionizer is half done and I should finish it very soon. For the ones who are wondering, this is also a "nuclear weapon", so you can imagine what this is going to do.

I think a question that keeps being asked over and over and over.... is the release date, right? Well, I wanted to release it this month (seriously), however I can't. Once again the lack of time leads me to delay the release and I don't have any Christmas vacations this year :\
BUT, here's the good news: once the Ionizer gets finished, the rest of the stuff is quite easy and fast to do by comparision, so I do not promise anything, but I will try to release it by: January or February.

Having that said, ModDB started the MOTY 2011 edition (Mod Of The Year), and I never asked this ever, but I would like to try it out this year just out of curiosity. Therefore, I would invite you guys to vote in NW3 there:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/nali-weapons-3
(voting does not require any registering, just scroll down and click the vote button)
and perhaps even vote in some great UT stuff there (like Food Fight, UT SDK, and a few others). However, if you would rather wait for the release first and perhaps vote next year or so if the mod is worth it, I totally understand, and I thank you anyway for the interest so far in this mod even after so much time after it has been announced.

And now, the Ionizer itself:

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:39 pm

I think I've worked this out. The release date keeps going back and back, ever further. In the meantime you keep making all of this more and more powerful...

...thus it becomes clear.

You're going to release NW3 on December 21st, 2012 aren't you?

This is what ends the world!