Coming soon....

Post all UT Building, Coding, Modding, Tutorials and Non-Mapping content here!
Sir Mandrake
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: Coming soon....

Post by Sir Mandrake » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:21 am

Oh whats the status on this new MH2? Im curious.
Basically what I'm saying is, "I can has on my Server?" :P
--- END OF LINE ---

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:19 am

Sir Mandrake, I didn't pay enough attention to know that answer about this new MH version but I think it was released. Please go to www.gopostals.com and click on the link for forum. I'm sure you can ask GOPO that question directly and get the best most, updated answer about it.

Feel free to update us on your findings too. Peace!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Sir Mandrake

Post by Sir Mandrake » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:26 am

Thank you Sir, most appreciated.. This might be the server refresh I'm looking for along with the language fix we talked about.

Sir Mandrake

Post by Sir Mandrake » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:10 pm

Well on Friday I did an overhaul of the mods... Cleaned up a bunch of server junk I left behind during the build. ( I admit I do that a lot, lol) allpied several CentOS patches and upgraded to Pot's Monster Hunt V2. Server runs pretty well and Pots changes / additions to MonsterHunt are pretty darned cool. My regular visitors love it.
--- END OF LINE ---

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:39 am

Congrats then! What are the big differences you have noticed with the new mod. I knew about it but never paid close enough attention to really know what it offered. I'm sure if POTS had anything to do with it then it MUST BE GOOD! He is a very talented individual!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Sir Mandrake

Post by Sir Mandrake » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:08 pm

It seems like he did a lot of cleaning up with code... fixed many minor bugs and added more ways to initially configure the mod. Many things were consolidated into the mod so theres no need to add a bunch of other mods except specialized mods that may have been coded specifically for your server.

A) Admins can now activate movers within the map in case it bugs out.

B) The ReDeemer got a face lift: Mechanics, model, HUD and sounds were revamped and he did a great job on that.

C) Voice Announcements are not as spammy and all Female, not a mix of male and female.

D) He added a super Sniper Rifle and a Healing Gun. (Both of which can be removed.)

C) Nice stats and Scoring page at the end which also tells you the country the other players are playing from.

So yeah Gopo put some TLC into this version and it seems to run pretty stable. Ive had some good comments regarding the changes.
--- END OF LINE ---