Looking for special models

Post all UT Building, Coding, Modding, Tutorials and Non-Mapping content here!
EvilGrins
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Looking for special models

Post by EvilGrins » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:04 pm

Most models put into the game are pretty decent if done properly. A lot of them suck but were good efforts, I've kept a few over the years because they're holiday themed or just too silly to delete...even if I'm not actively using them. However some models are just amazing because they look it and they can do stuff.

Like the Bang Doll. Ever hear of this? It's an awkwars looking thing with it's own mechanical movement sound effects and when it gets killed, it explodes. No damage to anyone to anyone nearby but it looks like a mini-redeemer blast and it's LOUD.

That's the kinda thing I mean.

The best example I can think of was those in the Team Orbit modifcation. They designed mechs with the same explosive effect, plus that anyone too close actually dies with the mech, and their own custom weapons built in. An added plus was that these mechs could be used outside of the modification, I assigned them to bots with amp'd up skills to make things interesting.

There's basically two types, though a number of skins for each:
The selk, not a great shot but it's that thing on the edge of the left there. Basically a big scorpion looking thing. Fires what looks like an instagib but hits like a doubly powerful shock rifle

The moles, 2 kinds, 3 skins. One fires rockets, the other shoots what can only be described as twin railguns...or something very much like.

Both models have unlimited ammo and range. A bit tricky to play as, from the HUD it looks like a normal player, even picks up weapons. You can use standard weapons to, well my friends have...I've never figured it out.

Sadly Team Orbit made an upgrade but they toned down the AI for the model so it would barely attack unless threatened. Somebody complained they were too lethal...

...but I digress.

Does anyboy know of any other special models that have enhanced special effects or weapons built into them?

Hermskii
Site Admin

Re: Looking for special models

Post by Hermskii » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:12 pm

That thing is cool!!! I want one. Maybe I can set a bot or too to be that! Great topic EG! Yeah, EG is easier to thype than EvilGrins so I'm calling you EG for now on!
~Peace~

Hermskii

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:18 pm

It's an 11MB download, plus I edited some of the original soldier skins out of my version to save space. I could send it your way if you like, though preferrably after you help me clean my system up as I don't wanna infect yours :mrgreen:

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:41 pm

Let's finish getting your PC cleaned up today. Call me when you are ready.
~Peace~

Hermskii

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:34 pm

Been a distracting day, you still up?