UTMCoop: Anybody know a server that runs it?

Post all UT Building, Coding, Modding, Tutorials and Non-Mapping content here!
EvilGrins
NoMoreSpam: Silver

UTMCoop: Anybody know a server that runs it?

Post by EvilGrins » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:11 pm

With all the monsterhunt games out there, I'm surprised this hasn't been used. Not so far as I've seen anyway.

UTMCoop is a mutator that allows you to play as a monster. All the various types, most of the animations, although they kinda screwed up the Krall's jumping move.

I think it's pretty cool but I don't often get a chance to use it actively with other people.

Has anybody seen it actively being used in the realm of online games?

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Re: UTMCoop: Anybody know a server that runs it?

Post by Hook » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:45 pm

I've seen it but have never tried it playing.

Do you use weapons in the map, or do you use special Monster Weapons?
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:36 pm

Both. You have to configure a key to switch, but you can use both game weapons or the monster's built in ones.

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:47 pm

Sounds like it would be fun. :wink:
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:55 am

Fault, By default I inform everybody, this is looking more like a cheat than a mod (I mean a Skin) everybody is player hunted by monsters but is looking like a monster.

Until this point seems to be OK but is not OK either. You can fly as Bird or Warlord. I prefer to let players flying in this case. Also as queen you can enter in teleporting state and nothing can see you, you are able to telefrag very easy even worse monsters.

Next step, in a small map if you want to play as Titan you are unable to spawn when is a small place at playerstarts.
I tried this mod but I removed it, for me is just a cheat. If we talk about cheats then I can let players to cheat as they want, no more fun.

Other opinions ?

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:41 pm

Good points. I don't think the word cheat is right in this case. Are you using a language translator when you post this? Maybe it is using the word cheat for you. You are right. It would not be fair to do some of the things monsters to and like you said, it would be no fun to spawn as a big titan in a room with nothing more than a small hallway to run down. I imagine all the maps played would have to be outside maps maybe?

I have heard both good and bad about this mod. I have never played it though.
~Peace~

Hermskii

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:31 pm

UTMcoop?

- Not compatible with Valhalla Avatar (and many other mods/mutts)
- Will crash clients if they choose big monsters and there's not enough room for them to be spawned into a map
- It's fun just for a short while

As far as I know there's just one server running this mod, try to guess why:

unreal://81.68.211.23:1777

I used to have that mod installed, but I opted for the OldModels (Unreal1 models) instead.

+1 for Nelsona
Plain Old Telephone Service

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:52 pm

I think POTS has a description here in a topic he has about this mod too now that I think of it. Thanks for the additional warnings and other info too POTS. Do you still paly any or are you just going around helping folks fix ther UT and their phones? LOL
~Peace~

Hermskii

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:11 pm

Oh, I much prefer using Oldmodels...after a fashion:

I skinned the Sktroopers! However UTMcool doesn't allow for custom skins. I just think it'd be fun to play given fighing skaarj claw to claw, and that shield is awful handy.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:33 pm

I knew it! Here it is.This was what POTS first had to say about it:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2183&start=15

This entire topic of nothing but cool finds by POTS is still stickied where it has been for all of this time. I suggest you give the whole topic a good look EvilGrins. Tons of cool stuff here with good write-ups about each one from POTS.

The whole topic starts right here: Notice where it is and what it is called. Page1 of 4:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2183
~Peace~

Hermskii

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:46 pm

*POTS* was right about the IP, it is running the mutator. Problem is it's currently on a sucky map. Still, I can check it later.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:52 pm

Something *POTS* said made me pop back onto the server to check something. I don't know about Valhalla but I can use the monsters' weapons there. I know from playing it on my own computer that you can set it so a specific key will switch from game weapons to whatever monster's weapons you're currently using.

I bound the key switch to 'D' and went back in as a skaarj berserker. I can use it's claws and energy bursts there.

Yay! :mrgreen:

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:08 am

POTS = Good!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:58 pm

Um, indeed, my english is far to be perfect, but I had this mod installed. And I saw more than one "advantages" by using it. Skaarj can jump better than any original player model. Bird is so small and very heavy to be aimed by other monsters, beside this is stucked in water, birds doesn't swim. Can talk about HorseFlySwarm ? Is not funny, is anoying to play with a teammate wearing this SKIN, is hard to see him. Yes, this mod is in fact a multiskin with enhanced features, nobody as human player is able to play as monster (ScriptedPawn). A ScriptedPawn is not Human never ever. I didn't saw yet a Skaarj joining in a server or other assumed crap like this. I want to see the player pretending that he was a real monster. I have a simple check.
A SkaarjBerserker is friend with pupae. Try to play as pupae near Berserkers, I want to see if you can be really their friend. This is what I saw about UTMCoop mod, nothing so cool, especially for me, I played enough hours MonsterHunt and I have some experience about what is mean a monster, a bot, a player, even if everybody has the same root "Pawn". I heared about bIsPlayer, bIsABot, bIsHuman variables used, but I never saw bIsMonster in default pawn variables. So, any attempt to fool players with less experience about playing as monster, is just a pre-school story, they really believed this as I saw in other forums, "wow I can be a monster, dude this is cool". Nobody in UT can be monster, Monster is like a bot a computer controlled pawn not human controlled. I didn't see any code which allow a human player to control a monster (play as monster) and to be accepted by friendly classes.
But that's it, is a free world, everybody has right to believe whatever they want. I personally I'm leaded by a bit of logic and a little experience in coding, I cannot believe these cheap stories with monsters joined in servers.