Custom aiming crosshairs for UT99

Post all UT Building, Coding, Modding, Tutorials and Non-Mapping content here!
a nameless entity
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Custom aiming crosshairs for UT99

Post by a nameless entity » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:36 pm

I have been using one of the aiming crosshairs from this set of them that I found someplace for years and years. I have finally remembered to upload them here for everyone to look at. I use the simple dot with a circle, selection #9. I will first post a screen shot that the maker included so that you can have a look at what is in his pack.

If you choose to download and try his crosshair set, just read the instructions carefully a couple of times. I recall that I found them a bit confusing at first. But it's not too hard to get them into your game.
When UT2k4 came out, I was pleased to see that a crosshair that came with the game was similar enough to my UT99 favourite from this set that I was all set to go. The circle around the dot is just awesome in battle. I can do headshots with the sniper rifle from far away without bothering to zoom in, in both games. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

Helen

Re: Custom aiming crosshairs for UT99

Post by Helen » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:44 pm

Small world, I use the very same crosshair! Probably for about 1.5 years now.

Just recently I thought it could look softer and I tried imitating it but wasn't happy with the result. If I get it going I'll post it.
one of the Scriveners. You can visit us at www.birdieman.com/forum

ZippityDooDa

Post by ZippityDooDa » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:49 pm

a nameless entity wrote:I have been using one of the aiming crosshairs from this set of them that I found someplace for years and years. I have finally remembered to upload them here for everyone to look at. I use the simple dot with a circle, selection #9. I will first post a screen shot that the maker included so that you can have a look at what is in his pack.

If you choose to download and try his crosshair set, just read the instructions carefully a couple of times. I recall that I found them a bit confusing at first. But it's not too hard to get them into your game.
When UT2k4 came out, I was pleased to see that a crosshair that came with the game was similar enough to my UT99 favourite from this set that I was all set to go. The circle around the dot is just awesome in battle. I can do headshots with the sniper rifle from far away without bothering to zoom in, in both games. :D
THis part of the readme is a little confusing.

"The next Line in you user.ini should be:
FontInfoClass=Botpack.FontInfo
-if it is not, delete any lines in between"
11100000.11111111.11111111.00000000 /24

{§ÎR}Írôn Chef
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by {§ÎR}Írôn Chef » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:35 pm

Good find Nameless! I remember using custom crosshairs as well. It made using the sniper lots! easier as well as the instaG, it was like you said, a bit confusing at first lol

Thanks !

Chef