Nali Weapons 3 - Release

Post all UT Building, Coding, Modding, Tutorials and Non-Mapping content here!
Feralidragon

Re: Nali Weapons 3 - Release

Post by Feralidragon » Sun May 05, 2013 3:16 am

The Oversurrector first look:
- The Oversurrector is (what I believe) to be an original concept which consists in sacrificing one of your weapons to unlock its "hidden" power, and thus is classified as a super weapon (just like the Redeemer).
This is supposed to be the "magic" weapon of the whole pack.
The effects coloring depends solely on the weapon being sacrificed (so FlameTracker would be mainly red/orange, the BoltRifle one would have a cyan theme, etc, any individual RGB coloring of the effects is possible).
This is a first look on the weapon selection and firing sequence, and in this case I set what *may* be the UltimaProtos weapon sacrifice color scheme.

Image Image

EvilGrins wrote: Which is kinda cool and makes me glad you can't actually teleport back while holding the flag.... well, you can but you gotta switch something key in the .ini file to allow it.
There's nothing in the .ini file to change that behavior. The flag drop when you teleport is handled by the gametype itself, although a settings could indeed be added to get around it and allow it.

Feralidragon

Post by Feralidragon » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:09 am

Oversurrections first look:

Although I already explained what The Oversurrector does somewhat, truth is that I didn't show anything so far. Therefore, since I got a bit of time in my hands I could finally input some work into this and 4 oversurrections are already done.
Reiterating a bit: The Oversurrector is a new weapon that works by sacrificing other weapons. Each sacrificed weapon has a distinct effect (both when firing and on hit), but each one of these effects is guaranteed to bring extreme prejudice to your opponents. All oversurrections are configurable (how much time is active, damage, etc) and can be toggled (enable or disable each weapon oversurrection separately).
I bring some screenshots to show exactly the concept I am trying to develop, but I will probably do a video soon after I make some more "oversurrections" to show these better and how they behave.

R.T. oversurrection: This oversurrection consists in casting a giant saucer, teleported from elsewhere, which then teleports in 8 flying rotating blades.
Each one of these blades travel freely and go for the opponents heads, and are constantly teleporting to other places:

The Executioner oversurrection: This oversurrection consists in casting the Executioner "himself": a giant skeleton torso on the ground, screaming and wielding 2 deadly scythes, and will kill any opponents on sight and reach:

W.R.E. oversurrection: This oversurrection consists in casting the Enforcer "itself": a flying robot wielding dual miniguns, and will shoot down any opponent on sight.
It uses ionization technology to fly, while it uses the an higher caliber of the same kind of bullets as the W.R.E. to shoot.

Flame Tracker oversurrection: This oversurrection consists in creating a "small" volcanic eruption, filling a great area with lava and reduce the opponents to nothing but burnt skeletons:

Nelsona
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Post by Nelsona » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:13 am

How works this in CTF-Coret ?

EvilGrins
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by EvilGrins » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:24 pm

Nelsona wrote:How works this in CTF-Coret ?
I suspect it works the same on any map, though as Coret is an enclosed space I'd assume that either the big ol' pokemon-skeleton thingy either shrinks to fit the smaller area, or it doesn't shrink and things looks very freaky.

Well, more freaky.

Or something.

Feralidragon

Post by Feralidragon » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:36 am

Nelsona wrote:How works this in CTF-Coret ?
In short: it doesn't.
In a longer form: it does work to an extent, but the Oversurrector (the weapon responsible for these) is not spawned in small maps, just like the big nukes of the pack and such.
The mutator responsible to make the replacements and weapon additions has support for map filters based on size (and other parameters) for each item (be it a weapon, pickup, etc), so this weapon won't even appear in the small ones, to keep the gameplay level acceptable.

Instead, it will only appear in maps like CTF-Face, CTF-LavaGiant, and some small ones too but still with enough room to spawn these (DM-Deck16][ has still enough room at the center for example).
But the smaller the map, the more dangerous the oversurrection is, but it's also more risky to use it, as the Oversurrector takes a while to fire (it has to open, desintegrate itself, reform into the circles you see above, and only then it fires).
Most times, bots themselves have a hard time to successfully fire them in DM-Deck16][, but they can fire it most of the times in CTF-Face since the map is bigger and hence it's safer to prepare the fire without getting killed before.

Feralidragon

Post by Feralidragon » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:19 pm

Bolt Rifle Oversurrection:
It casts a lightning storm for about 30 seconds (configurable). The lightnings may or may not hit the opponents directly, but if they land nearby they may still kill.
I have to say that the screenshots do not reveal that much of what is really going on in-game (effects-wise, as the electrical activity is a lot more intense than what's portrayed here and aren't meant to be seen as still images). Soon I will make a preview video on this and the other oversurrections.

EvilGrins
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by EvilGrins » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:46 pm

I think a defense should be made against that storm.
Is there an umbrella option?