Oh what a tangled web we weave...

Post all House of Hermskii {HOH} Website and Forum related content here!
Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Oh what a tangled web we weave...

Post by Hermskii » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:15 am

Recent discussions and considerations I've had concerning this forum have led me to think that maybe it's time to really lock down the rhetoric here.

We have about 160 members here. Of that number, only about 30 are ever active at the same time. Of those 30, only about 15 consistently maintain the high standards that being nothing more than good decent people produces. I suspect these people are smart, wise, religious and were brought up right by their parents or were at least able to overcome the challenges that life brings to us. They treat others as they would like to be treated.

All of the other members that have come and gone over the years are basically gone now and I'm sure they have moved on to other more pressing things in their lives. God Bless them all!

Back to the current active members: I'd rather have 10 Golden Eggs than 15 Bad Apples. With that said, I'm think about starting a clan-like process where members here decide before anyone is allowed to join this community to ensure we continue to only enroll like minded people. I may then also go ahead and start removing all inactive members and repeat offenders from our member list. This place would become strictly private and a guaranteed family friendly forum. While I'm already pretty sure this will be the direction I go, I'll stand by a little bit and wait to hear some opinions about this concept. So far, I like what I'm thinking about how this will finish out. Peace!
~Peace~

Hermskii

5i1ent/3ob

Re: Oh what a tangled web we weave...

Post by 5i1ent/3ob » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:56 pm

My opinion is that the proposed approach makes good sense.
After all, everything from country clubs to the Skull & Bones Society is ordered by way of elected members only.
The military only requires one to have a willingness to follow orders, yet even the military has a screening process.
Ever forward!

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:42 pm

New Member Registration now goes through me and is no longer completed by the user themselves. This is how I have it set on other forums I am the Admin at as well. I'm thinking to set up a council of folks here that will both recruit new members and must have at least one council member sponsor any new applicant prior to them being approved to be a member of {HOH}. This will increase the percentage of our chances to get new members that aren't already partially nuts or simply bent on causing trouble every chance they get. Sort of like any friend of yours is a friend of mine etc etc.
~Peace~

Hermskii

ZippityDooDa

Post by ZippityDooDa » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:55 pm

Hermskii wrote:New Member Registration now goes through me and is no longer completed by the user themselves. This is how I have it set on other forums I am the Admin at as well. I'm thinking to set up a council of folks here that will both recruit new members and must have at least one council member sponsor any new applicant prior to them being approved to be a member of {HOH}. This will increase the percentage of our chances to get new members that aren't already partially nuts or simply bent on causing trouble every chance they get. Sort of like any friend of yours is a friend of mine etc etc.
Coming from the Military, this is a great idea, and we will help you any way you need Hermskii-which should bring some much needed order around here and will lessen the burden that you have to face dealing with certain individuals. :P We are here to keep UT alive and will only recruit those that are die hard fans and can play nice. Good Idea !!!!
11100000.11111111.11111111.00000000 /24

Hook
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:22 am

I am behind it also. :wink:
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

OLDschoolDEEMER

Post by OLDschoolDEEMER » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:47 am

hipppies! :D

ZippityDooDa

Post by ZippityDooDa » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:25 am

OLDschoolDEEMER wrote:hipppies! :D
LOL Banned :evil:
11100000.11111111.11111111.00000000 /24

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:13 pm

I feel like I'm walking through a wrecked city under martial law. Everyone I knew well has fled to other parts and I'm afraid of talking to anyone else because they might take my head off with a 12 gauge.

Just a bit of descriptive writing there. :wink:

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:47 pm

That was all good BIOMECH. I understand the feeling. It seems a bit of a rebuild it underway here. Had to happen I suppose. Things just got well out of hand for way too long and nobody took my warnings seriously.

I've rebuilt before several times in the past but I've never had to start again so close to ground zero. Sadly, I'm highly satisfied that several folks have moved on to other forums because they tended to not really contribute anything but back-handed compliments and personal jabs. I think nearly everyone was guilty at some level but some people just could not turn it off. Every single post was negative. Every single one.

Hang in there though and drop by often. You don't have to say anything if it makes you nervous. You'll see this place slide back into the light soon enough and there will once again be massive helpings of support and goodwill instead of all of the mess that has been flying around here of late. I know you too had some issues with some people that you are likely to be glad to see gone now. Just be normal and all should be good. The rules are simple. Blah blah blah. LOL. Peace!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Sir Mandrake

Post by Sir Mandrake » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:44 am

Hey I'm all for this Herm and will back you 100% - Let me know what I can do to help make this happen. 8)
--- END OF LINE ---

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:22 pm

Sir Mandrake wrote:Hey I'm all for this Herm and will back you 100% - Let me know what I can do to help make this happen. 8)
DITTO!

I already feel MUCH Better in here!!! :P
No more walking on egg shells around sensitive members! :P :roll:

Now, some of the "good/innocent" members (that don't know any better and fell off with the riff-raff) that are still out there in limbo must be made aware of this Better Forum!

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:37 pm

Thanks all. Worry not. They will come. At least the ones we want will come. The ones we don't want who will come back will abide by the rules or they too will be gone.

Funny HOOK, I was going to start a post about how fresh and clean the air seems in here already. The mood is already much better and I'm enjoying it a lot already. I am anxious to get some good new blood in here too but I'd also just like to sort of sit around and ponder things around here for a little while first.

I still think there are a few more little things that need to be done here prior to letting new folks in unless they are already known well to some of us and are worth the risk to include immediately.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Killer Klownz

Post by Killer Klownz » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:10 pm

Hook wrote:Now, some of the "good/innocent" members (that don't know any better and fell off with the riff-raff)
For the benefit of us all why don't you provide us with a list of the riff-raff . . . .
Evil is obvious only in retrospect.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:01 pm

Oddly you too Killer Klownz are still on the deactivated member list and yet you managed to post just as another deactivated member did here recently. I redoubled my checks to make sure everyone on the list is currently deactivated and sure enough, I had forgotten to deactivate a few others that are on the current list too. I have corrected that.

Now I'll tackle your question with the standard politically correct, diplomatic answer I always try to give first. There has been recent activity on this forum by people who even after routinely being warned continued posting in a fashion that upset other members to the point that they left. Several members have just stopped posting period and moved on while still others were reprimanded by way of the deactivation list. While a few have met the requirement of being out a month and then requesting to be reactivated, many others still haven't such as yourself. While not mentioning names, it is safe to say that some of both groups were the riff raff and it is highly unlikely they will ever come back or if they were deactivated that they will ever request to be reactivated. That is all. End of line!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hook

Post by Hook » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:08 pm

Killer Klownz wrote:
Hook wrote:Now, some of the "good/innocent" members (that don't know any better and fell off with the riff-raff)
For the benefit of us all why don't you provide us with a list of the riff-raff . . . .
I think that Truly "For the benefit of us all" we should not even TRY to list them.
No more stirring it up!
Everyone should know by now who they are, and it is all up to them. :wink: