Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

What did you do Nelsona?

Post by Hermskii » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:02 am

http://hofgamingclan.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6878

Is that yours? You may want to defend yourself. maybe it wasn't really meant to be played. I don't know.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Nelsona

Re: What did you do Nelsona?

Post by Nelsona » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:24 pm

Map or Mutator used?
1) Map - as I see is a whatever modification by EG. Might be good if was played so long ... YAY
Was debated in this section:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2916
having a download link here:
download/file.php?id=829
(pls, do not remove those posts :lol: )
Even Mr. Google pointed me here:
http://www.destinationunreal.com/module ... map&id=321
Ooops, not only there (as usuall is returning even other things just to show how "awsome" can crawl in all places and how nice it is - I think I'll ban it again, LOL). It just presented 2.590.000 results at querring string "MH-Krall][Electric". HE maybe wanted to be 2.583.273 or something random closer to some reality not a stupid rounded number... heck, I must post something to see what is doing a stupid Internet BOT when I'll post something unexistent :mrgreen: :D :lol: .

2) Mutator - that one is compiled by my PC when I was depressed about UTJMH craps and I got revenge (against adding Skaarj in Team by Zeal and Co.), with very noobish knowledge in coding in that time. I think that mutator has more than 3 years old.

Starting facts:
I tried in that time some MH attached version. Since I discovered more flaws (including missing monsters from maps), I decided in 2 or 3 minutes full of angry to start a coding action and to understand a bit UScript - so that is my first adventure in UScript. Maybe War_Master in that time was not so glad saying about an already existent and not found UTJMH3 (both versions hosted at Skillz being in fact the same: my re-compilation).

(HM, I'm glad and proud to hear about my noobish work keeping a server alive more than 3 hours killing monsters :D and used so much time)

I listen any sugestions, comments, etc.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:24 pm

OK. Good answers. I just didn't want them to bash on you while you did not know. I wanted you to be able to say something if you wanted too. It might not have even been your map but I saw your name so I spoke up.

I this also helps you read the minds of the players some and helps you when you make more maps in the future.
~Peace~

Hermskii

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:25 am

1) I didn't make MH-Krall][Electric. I had KeLLeR edit it for me, the downloaded version is his.

2) I re-edited MH-Krall][Electric after I got it to use NW2 weapons specifically.

The map at that download link and in that screencap isn't the one I made. That's the KeLLeR version. I used smoothing to get rid of that blocky look you can see in the sky, and I changed the ground and sky textures.

Admittedly, this isn't a great screenshot but I don't have any others handy at the moment.

I just brought DU up to speed:
http://www.destinationunreal.com/module ... =8146#8146

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:17 am

Is not a problem, Sir. I knew that reworked mutator is used because later I was asked for another UTJMH for some purpose (is not possible to fix everything using old MH architecture).

Later talking more with Kelly and looking around codes I noticed how is acting MonsterBase from original MH and I simply decided to redo other MH.
Hermskii wrote:I this also helps you read the minds of the players some and helps you when you make more maps in the future
Hmmm... maybe this is not welcomed to be posted, but let's say that I know some habbits of players and even I can clone a few the same things at bots, which might be not so welcomed for a few reasons:
- Bot has speed in execution and will frustrate players;
- Bot will teach in this way everybody to a bad style even people hunting a less funny behavior;
- Bot can insult (if I want to develop some personality);
- Bot can dance if map has no End and no Paths singing something and insulting mapper;
- Bot (frustrated by BlockMonsters) can develop a less funny story when map contains it and paths - and so on - ooops, I think is time to stop here.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:45 am

Nelsona wrote:let's say that I know some habbits of players
I read that as Hobbits.
:mrgreen: :wink: :D
heh

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:16 pm

Say as you want, :D. If you play ON-LINE randomly in some populated servers you'll see all kind of attitudes: Score hunters, monsters hunters (called farmers, LOL - even this is purpose of the game as TITLED in original), bugs hunters, maps exploits hunters, jerks joined to frustrate others, Oprah spectators, brainless chickens, kamikaze hunters (sometimes I'm a fan of this technology), lamers redeemer guiders, cowards hunting with big guns always when have the chance, and very very few team-players hunters giving full support, etc. Just try and see.

[fun]castar

Post by [fun]castar » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:42 pm

I made the post on the HOF forums. I hope I did not offend by the title . I love that map. To beat it you need to understand how it works and due to the time I chose to log on others were coming and going. Some chose to just get spawn killed over and over while idly chatting away. After 6k in deaths and running out into the field on a suicide mission to draw the mobs away from the trench I was able to nuke em a few times to gain the advantage. We stayed ontop of it and won. It took 3 hours. Later I played on practice a lot and can beat it solo. I love it. You must however understand the map and play by its rules in order to win. Anyway, I guess I'm just trying to say Thank You! :)

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:10 pm

Well hello! I'm sure we are all thrilled you liked it. I'm glad you came by to say so too. I was telling Nelsona he needs to listen to folks and maybe it will help him determine how to go forward with maps in the future. Glad to have you here too by the way! Post opinions and post often!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:27 am

[fun]castar wrote:You must however understand the map and play by its rules in order to win. Anyway, I guess I'm just trying to say Thank You!
Could be added some instigators to put monsters on attack... but it seems to be playable as it is.

So, let's set up some credits:
- Kaal - banned × X times;
- Keller - with more experience in mapping;
- EG - instigator for ][ series.

I think problem is solved now...