Most funny yet weirdest UT bug ever.

Post all mapping and skinning related content here!
Terraniux
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Most funny yet weirdest UT bug ever.

Post by Terraniux » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:17 pm

I was game-testing my AfterDark2 project in UT and I stumbled upon this hahahahaa.
Watch and enjoy, if you dont like hardstyle, turn the volume down.
Ever seen bots behave like this?. I've not:

LOL

Hermskii
Site Admin
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: Most funny yet weirdest UT bug ever.

Post by Hermskii » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:03 pm

Odd. Any ideas why they are doing that?
~Peace~

Hermskii

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:17 pm

It's something in area that you should debug it, rather than looking useless. "showall" + go to closer to location and using "report" command, paste memory content into Notepad. Look at location, open map in editor and add somewhere an actor unused in map, set location for actor X Y Z shown in Notepad. Now find actor from menu. See how is geometry in there. If everything looks fine perhaps you should restart Machine because it might look like a corruption which if can makes OS to save a bad config state, you'll screw system install.
In other note I hope you don't have some "Actor-Mutator" colliding actors... that's why I was talking about "ShowAll" command.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:20 pm

1) Whatever's causing that, put the map as is in an archive cuz I wanna see my bots doing that. Not to fix it, just cuz I think it looks cool.

2) Have you tried monster placement on the map to see if it effects them the same way?

3) I've only seen something like that one time before, just before someone's server crashed. Offline I guess it isn't so bad... you occasionally see bots get hung up on a spot and jump up and down because they're stuck, but nothing as epic as what you've got going on up there.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:22 pm

I've seen the smilies bombs in Chaos stack up in order to reach someone to blow them up.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Terraniux

Post by Terraniux » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:36 am

The only actors there are blockmonsters. Weird, but funny effect. But yeah I'll keep a backup of it. haha.

KellyD

Post by KellyD » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:45 am

In the base code of all pawns is this little subroutine

Code: Select all

function JumpOffPawn()
{
    Velocity += 60 * VRand();
    Velocity.Z = 180;
    SetPhysics(PHYS_Falling);
}
What it does is prevent monsters and players from 'stacking' on top of each other. What's supposed to happen is that when a player/bot/monster lands directly on top of another the game bumps them upwards (like a jump) and then adds a bit of random to the direction. They then fall down, ideally next to or very near to the actor they were standing on.

Something in this map is preventing the proper adding of the random direction velocity so the bots just keep sensing that they are landing on each other and so the engine keeps forcing them to try to hop off. Is there low grav by chance?

Anyway, now you know.
Retired. Please email to contact.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:51 am

Terraniux wrote:The only actors there are blockmonsters. Weird, but funny effect.
You seems that you don't read forums about what that sh!t BlockMonsters does then... You could say that in first post.
Credits goes to myself for MBot which doesn't care about that default dumb stuff used, they happily pass BlockMonsters. Next homework is for my monsters which will eradicate all crap outta Level...

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:47 pm

To speak about some "bugs" you might do one - a surprise. In map you can add some actor/mutator able to track things a bit. Map loads (in any server) then nobody can inspect monsters before starting game. Once game started monsters will get ready to fight - and Troopers won't drop any invisible weapon + they can hold weapons even in raw crappy servers. It's up on you if you want or not something different as for 21 century. To not screw your work, setup a few cubes for an example and let that Level to travel VIA my living-room before firing some party.

Terraniux

Post by Terraniux » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:09 am

Sorry Nelsona, I didn't mean to offend you. And yes, I should have said what actors were causing it. But I only showed the video as a funny thing to make people laugh, then later look at a solution man. haha.

We'll discuss this later. Im almost finished with AD2. ( I think )

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:10 am

Terraniux wrote:Sorry Nelsona, I didn't mean to offend you. And yes, I should have said what actors were causing it
Imagine that some wise foxes of UT already know the problem and then you put yourself in bad light because they don't see anything funny rather than another messed work with BlockMonsters incompatible with Bot. Ask Higor what are doing "Botz" with those things added...
The rest of offending is unseen for me because I don't have such bugs. Like I said MBot ruins a BlockMonsters under 1 millisecond and pass through that area easily. Check out and see if you can recreate that using Botz mutator, LOL... I'll bet on 100$ that it will be ruined well.