The latest UT Patch

Post all House of Hermskii {HOH} Website and Forum related content here!
Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

The latest UT Patch

Post by Hermskii » Fri May 22, 2020 5:42 pm

I think I touched on this with HOOK a little while back but have forgotten what he taught me. The last UT patch I can think of was 451 and it was pretty cool. If i recall, it went on both servers and could be installed on a player install.

What I want to know now is:

What is the name of the latest patch. I think it is 469.

What does it do that makes it so needed? I have no idea.

Does it have to be installed on top of another patch or can it be cleanly installed on a brand new install of UT?

Can it be installed on another installation like on top of 451 without breaking it.

Is it for servers only or for players only or for both?

Is it worth it?

Feel free to let me know if you know. I will now go and try to find these answers myself. If I succeed, I will post the answers here.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hermskii
Site Admin

Re: The latest UT Patch

Post by Hermskii » Fri May 22, 2020 5:44 pm

Just like that, I found this. I posted the link here. Now to go look at it possibly for the 2nd time. I have a bad memory.

Here is the link:

https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/thr ... ersion-469

Thanks Hook!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Fri May 22, 2020 5:56 pm

OK, so what I found was that is is not out so I'm not going to try to answer my own questions now. I will try when this thing gets released. Good luck with it. I saw on UT99 where the Dane replied and listed his signature as Retired. Didn't he die about 5 years ago?

Speaking of dying, does anyone know what happened to Diehard who was the guy that was reworking the S3TC textures about 5 years ago?
~Peace~

Hermskii

Dr.Flay

Post by Dr.Flay » Fri May 22, 2020 10:28 pm

www.unrealtexture.com is still up and looks like it moved to a new host yesterday, so there is someone still at the helm.
There is someone else completing the UT99 textures now. I expect there will be a release in ModDB and Oldunreal.

Hopefully the new UT99 patch will be ready for the public release, but mainly it is an attempt to fix the bugs left in 451b and add some new features, but not like the Unreal patch.
It will likely behave a lot better with modern CPUs and have some needed security updates.
As it has the approval of Epic there is a chance it can be offered as an update in GoG and Steam so fresh users would have a easier time
chaoticdreams.org - @TheChaosMod - Web IRChat - [url=irc://irc.quakenet.org/chaoticdreams]IRChat[/url]

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sun May 24, 2020 4:20 pm

Thank you for that. UT has become so fragmented due to people trying to take it in different directions to meet their person UT goals. I don't think it is anybody's fault. I just know it has happened and each time someone forces a change in a new direction, it breaks things that others are doing or want to do in UT.

The new textures might be a great example. Hopefully, the new ones won't mess up their old ones and are ok to use with the 469 patch whenever it comes out. Then there are all of these anti-cheat programs out there. I recall people having plenty of issues with them before too. I run a fully function install of the S3TC textures and honestly don't want anything to change other than Diehard's bad health if he is even still alive. I recall him saying it looked very bad for him. I will go and look at the newly controlled texture site. If I recall, I loved it too because it looked like one of my last forum sites with the black and gold look. I fianlly had to up[date for security and could not find a black and gold look that I liked and thus, I was green for a little bit and now this.

How is Chaos Dr. Flay? Been busy with it? Will it work properly with all of these changes?
~Peace~

Hermskii