How do you clear the cache in Windoze 10?

Post all off topic / off the wall content here!
Samr56
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: How do you clear the cache in Windoze 10?

Post by Samr56 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:14 am

EvilGrins wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:06 am
From the menu on the lower left you go into "Windows Administrative Tools" and select the "Disk CleanUp".

Library may have the option blocked, but it basically does what you've described.
It doesn't clear the cache in Windows 10 completely in this way.

Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Post by Hermskii » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:28 am

Hello Samr56. Welcome here. Thanks for contributing. Feel free to tell us a little about yourself. We have a section here on the forum Welcome to the show. That is where we usually have new folks introduce themselves. Glad to have you here. Take it easy!
~Peace~

Hermskii

David
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No

Post by David » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:43 pm

a nameless entity wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:49 pm
Hook wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:54 am
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/all-in-one ... 0skuidsaas

We bought one of these All-In-One HP computers about 4 or 5 years ago! - LOVE it! :wink:
We paid about $400 US for it at that time.

I think it was either the 21.5" 4GB ram now for $429, or the 23.8" 8BG ram one for $549. (not sure which we have at the moment LOL) :roll:
Thanks Hook. I saw a few nice all in ones over at Staples yesterday. I liked the HP's the best. BUT I have a nice 24" flat screen monitor, gaming mouse, comfort keyboard, and 2.1 speakers that just need a new tower PC to be happy.

To keep from being without a PC if/when one of them fails, the original plan was to buy a powerful but not top of the line tower, plus a cheaper model for backup and perhaps use as a UT server on the side. I think I'll go back and have another look at the all in ones they had there, some looked really nice, will make a great backup PC, and will fit on my other desk in the rec room nicely.

@ Herm: I'm having a hell of a time finding a cheap tower that I can stand to spend the money on. The heart wants what the heart wants. Dell's XPS Special Tower Editions are starting to look irresistible to me. :oops:
Other than blowing all the money I saved up on one or two PC's, I learned last week of another problem I may have getting back online. A fellow I spoke to wanted Bell Fibe internet into his house out in the countryside, as they've just put the high speed system into his area. But Bell insisted that he must give up his land line and go with their internet phone line when they installed his Bell Fibe highspeed TV and internet. Apparently both the office and the technicians couldn't or wouldn't leave him with his land line for his phone service. He was unwilling to give up his land line because his elderly mother lives with him, and there's no way he would risk being unable to call 911 because the internet was down. After a lot of hassle he eventually got his way, and is all hooked up.

I am in the same boat. There's no way I'm giving up my ultra reliable land line, so I'm worried I may have a fight on my hands too. And there's no way I'm going back to my old cable ISP. They're the reason I went offline in the 1st place. (And there's only 2 choices for high speed internet here, cable or Bell Fibe.)
:roll:
Well I moved about 6 months ago and at my new place/new location/in my neighborhood, they don't have what I call high-speed internet. The fastest I can get is 20 MBS from a microwave internet service that I have, but their speeds are not constantly at 20 MBS. Many times it is 10-15 or lower, sometimes at 5-7 and at times even lower. I get the red box on UT on the right side of the screen multiple times throughout the day.

Concerning the landline topic, I wanted a "landline" for my copier/fax (multi-function printer) and I wanted a number to give out to those who I do not wish to give my cell phone number to. So I ended up getting a Verizon Wireless Home Phone T2000 in which gives me a "landline" without using the landline wiring of the house. I have the T2000 connected to my Panasonic cordless phone system with answering machine and to my fax machine. I have the benefits of a landline but don't have that extra utility bill.
Are you going to pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:53 pm

David, how precisely does that Verizon Wireless Home Phone T2000 work?
Like a cell phone?
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

David

Post by David » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:29 pm

Hook wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:53 pm
David, how precisely does that Verizon Wireless Home Phone T2000 work?
Like a cell phone?
What I have is the following: T2000
Untitled.jpg
The T2000 is a device that receives a cell phone signal and is assigned a phone number to it. I have this device then plugged into the base of my Panasonic KX-TGD560 phone system
s-l400.jpg
I have a fax line connected to the T2000 device to my fax machine. (The yellow port, I do not use or know anything about. My yellow port is covered with a factory sticker.) So I am able to use my phone system or fax as I would without using any phone lines.
Resized_20200818_112233.jpeg
My phone system, I can have handsets at different parts of the house (bedroom and garage while the base is in the dining room area) all without the use of phone cables and no need for a landline bill.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:04 pm

So, it uses your "current" cell phone line, but assigns a separate phone number to it so it doesn't go through you cell phone?
Or, does it require another cell line?

David

Post by David » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:29 pm

Hook wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:04 pm
So, it uses your "current" cell phone line, but assigns a separate phone number to it so it doesn't go through you cell phone?
Or, does it require another cell line?
It has its own separate line. I have four cell phone lines (for my family-Wife/2 daughters and myself) and then I have this home phone. So a total of 5 lines. And the home phone line is a little cheaper than the normal cell phone line.

Hook

Post by Hook » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:08 pm

Thank you for the info David! :wink:
Now, back to your local station, and topic! :lol: